inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: May to December- British sitcom 1989 - 1994

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/23/08 at 1:04 am

Anyone else a fan of this series?

They showed it a couple years ago on the PBS channel (Public Broadcasting System), and I kinda really started liking it.  I know I did not get to see the whole series and I had hoped that they would have put it out on DVD at some point by now, but alas, it doesn't appear to have been.

"May to December" was about Alec Callendar, a Pinner solicitor who likes talking to Perry Mason, meets and falls in love with Zoe Angel, a woman half his age. The series follows their relationship, as well as the ups and downs of Alec's officemates: his secretaries, Hilary and Miss Flood, and Alec's son, Jamie.  The series starred Anton Rodgers, but had two different actresses play "Zoe" (not unlike when they switched Darrin's on Bewitched).  The first actress that played the character was Eve Matheson and then Leslie Dunlop took over for the rest of the series.

Subject: Re: May to December- British sitcom 1989 - 1994

Written By: Gis on 06/23/08 at 9:02 am

I do remeber watching this when it was on, I loved Miss Flood.

Check for new replies or respond here...