inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Was That Joan Jett?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/23/08 at 3:41 pm

Hi Everybody!

Okay, this has been bothering the mess out of me for weeks!

I have the special edtion 2 disc version of Prince's movie "Purple Rain" and the second disc includes a bunch of extras. One of the extras is the original 30 minute MTV premiere party from Los Angeles.

Anyway, for every celebrity that got shown, their name was flashed under thier face. Except for one. The MTV VJ was talking to John Cougar Mellencamp and this woman, but they never showed her name. She had really long kind black hair and super white, goth like make up and wore alot of black and pearls.

If anyone has this disc, can you maybe pop it in and tell me if that's her. It's been bugging me for the longest! (Or if the descrition sounds like her.)

Thank you!  ;D

Subject: Re: Was That Joan Jett?

Written By: Gis on 06/23/08 at 4:46 pm

Hmm, doubtful Joan Jett was more Rock Chick, leather jacket and jeans and not a pearls kind of a woman.........................

Written By: Kryllith on 06/24/08 at 7:59 am

Wish I could see it, so I could let you know for sure. I just saw her last night at the True Colors tour, and while the black hair and black clothes fit, I don't know about the pearls and long hair. Joan has usually has short, occasionally spiky hair, and even when she wears it long it's typically just past her shoulders. She was pretty tan when I saw her as well, but then it is summer so I guess it would probably depend on the time of year.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/24/08 at 2:55 pm

Could it have possibly been Apollonia?

That was the gal who co-starred with Prince in it.
My understanding is that she went religious, but she could have come back.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/24/08 at 8:09 pm

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for throwing your suggestions into the mix. I still think it's Joan, or maybe Siouxie Sioux (spelling?) I'm not sure.

@Hawk: I am certain that it wasn't Apollonia. She wore a purple sequined and fur dress to the premiere with really big curly hair. Not at all like this woman. And the woman that went religious was Vanity, not Apollonia. I don't understand Vanity... :(

But thanks for the suggestions!

Written By: Gis on 06/25/08 at 2:59 am

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for throwing your suggestions into the mix. I still think it's Joan, or maybe Siouxie Sioux (spelling?) I'm not sure.

@Hawk: I am certain that it wasn't Apollonia. She wore a purple sequined and fur dress to the premiere with really big curly hair. Not at all like this woman. And the woman that went religious was Vanity, not Apollonia. I don't understand Vanity... :(

But thanks for the suggestions!
I'm not sure it's either of them. At that time Joan jett's hair wasn't that long and neither was Siouxsie's though her's was pretty big it wasn't long. Any way you can find a picture? Infact if you google image either of them whilst watching it that should give you an answer!

Written By: ninny on 06/25/08 at 10:15 am

I'm not sure it's either of them. At that time Joan jett's hair wasn't that long and neither was Siouxsie's though her's was pretty big it wasn't long. Any way you can find a picture? Infact if you google image either of them whilst watching it that should give you an answer!

Here is Siouxie
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z68/clairehedger/165px-Sioux-edinburgh80.jpg
and Joan
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg31/kimavh/jett.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...