inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Written By: Shacks Train on 07/06/08 at 11:05 pm

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
6 differant versions of this song!!!
http://bornagain80s.blogspot.com/
(near the bottom of the page)

Subject: Re: ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Written By: johnny5alive on 07/06/08 at 11:45 pm

still gotta love the weird al version...........    another one rides the bus! :D

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/08/08 at 5:47 am

A Hundred and Ninety Putts

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/queen381.shtml

(it grows a leg if you're a Caddyshack fan ;))

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/08 at 9:37 pm

Who did "Another One Bites My Nuts"?
???

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 3:19 pm

???
The Angry Gopher?

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/09/08 at 7:35 pm

???
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/lechz.gif

Thats gotta hurt!!!

Written By: johnny5alive on 07/09/08 at 8:51 pm

;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/09/08 at 9:56 pm

Who did "Another One Bites My Nuts"? ???

According to CNN this afternoon, that's the new Obama track. Jesse Jackson didn't like Obama's "Another under the bus" mix, so he wrote his own parody...

Written By: nally on 07/13/08 at 11:13 pm

still gotta love the weird al version...........    another one rides the bus! :D

I know I do! :D

Written By: whistledog on 07/13/08 at 11:49 pm

'Another One Bites the Dust' is from the 1980 album 'The Game', which remains Queen's most successful album in North America and their album with the most singles to chart in North America ...

1979 - A Crazy Little Thing Called Love
1980 - Save Me
1980 - Play the Game
1980 - Another One Bites the Dust
1981 - Need Your Loving Tonight

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/08 at 1:36 pm

TRUE STORY!!!!

When I was in Greece, I went to a discotheque. We were going to leave and went outside to wait for our ride. As we were standing outside, you can hear the music from within. Then we heard big BANG. I looked toward the road and saw some guy sliding across the road and stopped just as he hit the back tire of a car that was parked on the other side of the road. His moped slid across the road after him. I was just standing there in shock as these people when running across the street, picked him up as if he was a rolled up carpet, put him in the back seat of a car and the car took off-I am assuming to the hospital. All of this took place within less than a 2 minute time span. I was still in shock, trying to comprehend what I just witnessed and then I heard it. Coming from the discotheque-you got it, they started playing, "Another One Bites the Dust." I put my head in my hand, shaking my head saying, "No, no. They are NOT playing this song." Of course there was no way for the DJ inside to know what had just happened outside. I know it was just a coincidence but still.

Cat

Written By: gumbypiz on 07/14/08 at 4:07 pm

I had read that Sly Stone had repeatedly begged Queen to use the song for Rocky III but Freddie Mercury steadfastly refused.

Sly was pretty upset, but it spurned him to get a producer to find a band that would write a song similar in passion for his second sequel.

What did he end up with?

Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger".  ::)

If you watch the build up montage scenes in the movie, you'll note that the punches thrown match the beat to Another One Bites the Dust perfectly, more so than Eye of the Tiger. The scene was cut to Queens song long before they had a chance to ask to get the rights to use it.

Written By: Paul on 07/14/08 at 5:35 pm

I had read that Sly Stone had repeatedly begged Queen to use the song for Rocky III but Freddie Mercury steadfastly refused.

Strange why Fred would nix that idea, but would (in a roundabout way) give his blessing to Weird Al...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/15/08 at 8:49 pm

TRUE STORY!!!!

When I was in Greece, I went to a discotheque. We were going to leave and went outside to wait for our ride. As we were standing outside, you can hear the music from within. Then we heard big BANG. I looked toward the road and saw some guy sliding across the road and stopped just as he hit the back tire of a car that was parked on the other side of the road. His moped slid across the road after him. I was just standing there in shock as these people when running across the street, picked him up as if he was a rolled up carpet, put him in the back seat of a car and the car took off-I am assuming to the hospital. All of this took place within less than a 2 minute time span. I was still in shock, trying to comprehend what I just witnessed and then I heard it. Coming from the discotheque-you got it, they started playing, "Another One Bites the Dust." I put my head in my hand, shaking my head saying, "No, no. They are NOT playing this song." Of course there was no way for the DJ inside to know what had just happened outside. I know it was just a coincidence but still.
Cat

What lurid story, I like it!
:)

That's like the time I saw the dope dealer get busted in the supermarket and that awful Bob Seger song "Shakedown" started piping from the radio, "Break down, take down, you're busted!"
:o

Written By: Shacks Train on 07/18/08 at 3:27 am

What lurid story, I like it!
:)

That's like the time I saw the dope dealer get busted in the supermarket and that awful Bob Seger song "Shakedown" started piping from the radio, "Break down, take down, you're busted!"
:o

Bob isn't a very nice fellow in real life..Just ask the residents of Rossport in Northern Ontario!
Bob was drinking heavily at the Rossport Motor Inn , Got into an argument with the bartender , punched him...& took off for home , but didn't make it very far as BMW vs rockcut....rockcut wins......OPP police busted him!
I didn't even know till I read the Thunder Bay paper & heres Mr.Wonderfull standing in front of his lear jet at the T-Bay airport..article read about how he was coming to town to defend his charges!
I was told by the locals that he's one celeberty they would rather not have known!
Bob can't hold his booze!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/19/08 at 3:03 am

Bob isn't a very nice fellow in real life..Just ask the residents of Rossport in Northern Ontario!
Bob was drinking heavily at the Rossport Motor Inn , Got into an argument with the bartender , punched him...& took off for home , but didn't make it very far as BMW vs rockcut....rockcut wins......OPP police busted him!
I didn't even know till I read the Thunder Bay paper & heres Mr.Wonderfull standing in front of his lear jet at the T-Bay airport..article read about how he was coming to town to defend his charges!
I was told by the locals that he's one celeberty they would rather not have known!
Bob can't hold his booze!

You mean Bob Seger is an a-hole in real life?  Classic!
;D

I should clarify, it was in the supermarket parking lot, not the supermarket itself, which would have been great, I'd love to see a guy frisked and cuffed at the Orville Redenbacher endcap display!  Wait a minute...that probably doesn't sound how I want it to sound!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing9.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...