inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is this mix?

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/15/08 at 8:47 am

Ok, I have a mystery on my hands. I have a mystery mix on my iPod. It says its a stars on 45 mix, but I don't think it is. here are the songs in it:

1.) Flash Dance(What a feeling)-Irene Cara
2.) I feel for you-Chaka Kan
3.) The glamorous life-Sheila E.
4.) Get into the groove-Madonna
5.) Come go with me-Expose
6.) Conga-Gloria Estefan & Miami sound machine
7.) Point of no return-Expose
8.) Fascinated- Company B
9.) Dancing in my sleep-Secret Ties
10.) Together Forever-Rick Astley
11.) Never Gonna Give you up-Rick Astley
12.) Be mine tonight-?
13.) Tell it to my heart-Taylor Dayne
14.) Mystery Rick Astley song.

So, what is this mix?

Subject: Re: What is this mix?

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/15/08 at 10:54 pm

So, what is this mix?

Haven't a clue -- I don't have a complete set of Ultimix, DMC, or Mastermix tracklistings, and I wasn't able to find this mix in the set of mixes that I have in MP3 format.  A google search was, as you've probably already figured out, useless.

And the problem is that some of these remix service track listings don't exactly help.  Knowing that the first track on a release is the "19xx Megamix" isn't as useful as knowing which tracks are in that mix.  Some of the remix services have full track listing details, some don't.  I'd start by going to the websites of the various remix services and seeing if their databases have more information than has been trawled by Google.

But in lieu of forcing our poster to go through all that work, does anyone else have any hints?  I'm pretty sure I've heard this mix before, too.  I just can't place by service or by year.  Now he's got me wondering too.

Check for new replies or respond here...