inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Summer Camp

Written By: Flameon on 07/28/08 at 2:17 am

Anyone remember their summer camp times in the 80's. I do. I remember starry nights, pitched tents, girls, and bonfires/marshmallows. I get choked up sometimes when I think of those times. What are some of your memories?

Subject: Re: Summer Camp

Written By: whistledog on 07/28/08 at 2:13 pm

I went to Summer Camp one year, a place called Eagle Lake in the late 80s.  It was a fun place, but I wish I could remember more about it .  Alot o the arts and crafts I made there, my mom still has

Written By: nally on 07/28/08 at 2:15 pm

I went to summer day camp for two summers in the late 80's (1988, 1989)...but it was just day-camp. The place: Sierra Canyon Day Camp, in Chatsworth, California. Had a great time.

As for week-long camp, I did not do that until the early 90's.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/28/08 at 8:30 pm

I used to go to church camp when I was younger. It was at a place called, Camp Soles. We would stay for about 4-5 days. When I got older, I became a camp counselor and would stay the whole week (the younger kids went just for one night, and the older kids came up to camp after that and stayed the rest of the week). It was lots of fun. We would have campfires, have shaving cream battles, play games like kickball and dodgeball, we went on nature hikes, went fishing, swimming, rowed boats. It was a really fun week!

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/28/08 at 10:50 pm

Aside from the day-camp disaster of 1983, I've never been to a summer camp. In 5th grade, the entire class went up north to camp for 3 days (just before Thanksgiving break) and it was plenty of fun! The girls stayed in cabins on one side of the camp, and the boys on the other. We actually got lost during a hike (thanks to one of the teachers!) and seeing about 60 kids fighting each other over a pile of acorns was a hoot!  ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/29/08 at 11:05 am

I went to a day camp for a little while in the early '90s, and a full three day camp in the mid '90s. Both were alot of fun.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/29/08 at 6:43 pm

I went to overnight camp twice in the 90s. (1993 and 1998) and both times it was pure, alaltered H-E-Double Toothpicks.  8-P I didn't enjoy it at all. Moquitoes treated me lika buffet and this one kid kept picking on me and thrwoing my duffel bag out the cabin. Then there were roaches in the cabin crawling on me and the other 6 girls in there. There was a frog in the shower...gosh.  8-P

I couldn't imagine going to camp, if I'd came up during the 80s. Too many good concert tours during the summer. The Jacksons, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Prince, New Kids on the Block, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson...Ooooh! Shucks, in 1984 alone, I'd have seen the Jacksons and Prince and the Revolution.  8)

Oh well...  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/08 at 1:57 am

I remember this one class camping trip we took in the Waldorf School, must have been '81 and our campsite in this Cape Cod state park had a pavillion, and the pavillion had graffitti all over the inside of the a most vulgar and lewd nature, which bands of teenagers had inscribed of the years.  We just laughed and laughed and the teachers just pretended not to notice!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...