inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Emergency" by Kool and the Gang

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/31/08 at 10:46 pm

Even though I don't think it was that popular (especially compared to the other songs on the Emergency album), it was always one of my favorites. It was one of the mixtapes my dad used to make for the family and has kind of a Summertime feeling. It's like rock-influenced R&B dance music.

Subject: Re: "Emergency" by Kool and the Gang

Written By: midnite on 07/31/08 at 11:32 pm

I had to pull up the video on youtube.  I dont know this song.  Its pretty good.  My favorite Kool and the Gang song is "Get Down On It."

Written By: robby76 on 08/01/08 at 1:02 am

Despite the chorus being a little generic, I do love it. The verses and bridge are great!

I also now know all about custom bikes.  ;D

Written By: Midas on 08/01/08 at 10:11 am

I had the Emergency album on cassette and still have the "Emergency" 12-inch single.  It doesn't sound summer-y to me, but it does have that rock-influenced R&B sound, much like Ray Parker Jr.'s "The Other Woman".

Written By: johnny5alive on 08/03/08 at 11:56 am

i thought "celebrate good times" was their best song! :)

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/08 at 4:40 pm

Emergency was the 4th and final single taken from the 'Emergency' album.  Chartwise, it was not their most successful album, but it was the one that produced the most Top 40 hits (all 4 singles from it hit the US Top 20)

I don't know what my favourite K&TG song is, but I know it's definately a toss-up between 'Fresh', 'Misled' and 'Victory'.  Perhaps I could just love all three equally and have a 'Fresh misled victory' :D

Subject: "Emergency" by Kool and the Gang

Written By: Dude111 on 09/03/22 at 8:51 pm

I think that 1984 album was thier last GOOD album really.........

I finally got a good sounding copy of it!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...