inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fraggle Rock

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/08/08 at 8:50 pm

My kids loved this show (I did too). My hubby used to call my car the all knowing all seeing trash heap.
Gobo and his banana shirt was my fav.

Subject: Re: Fraggle Rock

Written By: robby76 on 08/08/08 at 9:00 pm

I loved the Doozers and felt so sorry for them when the Fraggles ate their constructions.

Written By: whistledog on 08/09/08 at 12:40 am

I have the theme song (w/ picture sleeve) on 45.  I grew up watching Fraggle Rock, both puppet version and the cartoon series

"Dance your cares away.  Worry for another day.  Let the music play, down at Fraggle Rock"

Written By: A Perfect Stranger on 08/09/08 at 10:22 am

Isn't their a movie where the Fraggle Rock's meet the Mupets? 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/08 at 3:38 pm

I LOVED Fraggle Rock. I did not grow up on it nor did I have kids who watched it. I watched it as an adult because I LOVED it. lol I always loved Sprocket.

http://static.flickr.com/35/71744788_66b699c9f1_o.jpg

Cat

Written By: karen on 08/09/08 at 8:12 pm

My nickname for a while was Fraggle because of my hair style at the time!

Written By: Satish on 08/09/08 at 9:30 pm

I enjoyed "Fraggle Rock" as a child, as well. The Fraggles were so cute and colourful. They seemed so cosy, living in the tunnels of their underground rock. I thought the Doozers were cute, too.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/10/08 at 11:20 am

I LOVED Fraggle Rock. I did not grow up on it nor did I have kids who watched it. I watched it as an adult because I LOVED it. lol I always loved Sprocket.

http://static.flickr.com/35/71744788_66b699c9f1_o.jpg

Cat

Oh my gosh I had forgotten about Sprocket. Thanks

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/11/08 at 12:21 am

I loved the Doozers and felt so sorry for them when the Fraggles ate their constructions.

Now robby, you should remember that the Doozers didn't mind the Fraggles eating their towers at all. We saw in one episode, Mokey convinced them to stop, and all to soon the Doozers ran out of space to build in!
I always felt sorry for Junior Gorg. After all, since his parents were the self-proclaimed "King & Queen of the Universe", he got stuck doing all the work! I truly believe most of the time, he only tried to capture the Fraggles so he'd have someone to talk to.
Boober and Red were the funniest of them(especially when Boober let his alter-ego Sidebottom loose!) But Jello, I hate to break it to you, but Gobo never wore banana tree shirts, that was Wembley! Who else remembers some Fraggle stuff?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: robby76 on 08/11/08 at 2:26 am

Now robby, you should remember that the Doozers didn't mind the Fraggles eating their towers at all.

Whoops - well in my defence it has been over 20 years. ;D

Just remembered the postcards bit from Uncle Whatshisname. I used to love seeing him bob about around the world with all the humans.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/23/08 at 1:21 pm

Now robby, you should remember that the Doozers didn't mind the Fraggles eating their towers at all. We saw in one episode, Mokey convinced them to stop, and all to soon the Doozers ran out of space to build in!
I always felt sorry for Junior Gorg. After all, since his parents were the self-proclaimed "King & Queen of the Universe", he got stuck doing all the work! I truly believe most of the time, he only tried to capture the Fraggles so he'd have someone to talk to.
Boober and Red were the funniest of them(especially when Boober let his alter-ego Sidebottom loose!) But Jello, I hate to break it to you, but Gobo never wore banana tree shirts, that was Wembley! Who else remembers some Fraggle stuff?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Whoops.... You are right I stand corrected :-[

Written By: Bobby on 08/23/08 at 6:52 pm

I used to love Fraggle Rock when I was little but, for some unknown reason (and a rare thing for me indeed), it doesn't hold the same appeal as an adult.

However, cynical Boober was my favourite.  :)

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/23/08 at 9:18 pm

My daughter loved Red.. we even gave her one for Christmas when she was two years old. It was 15.00 a lot for a toy back in 84, but she had it forever.

Written By: robby76 on 08/24/08 at 2:43 am

I used to love Fraggle Rock when I was little but, for some unknown reason (and a rare thing for me indeed), it doesn't hold the same appeal as an adult.

True - it's one of those ones I can't quite get into as an adult. Not sure why. Perhaps it's the whole puppet thing or maybe I just didn't love it as much even as a kid... despite tuning in most weeks.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/08 at 2:52 am

It is high time that Fraggle Rock was repeated on television, so far it not been shown on the lesser cable stations.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/24/08 at 8:45 am

It is high time that Fraggle Rock was repeated on television, so far it not been shown on the lesser cable stations.

It is out on DVD here in the states. My daughter recently bought it at Target for her son.

Written By: Bobby on 08/24/08 at 12:25 pm

True - it's one of those ones I can't quite get into as an adult. Not sure why. Perhaps it's the whole puppet thing or maybe I just didn't love it as much even as a kid... despite tuning in most weeks.  ;D

Ha ha, a ritual of childhood - I had plenty of them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/08 at 4:02 pm

It is out on DVD here in the states. My daughter recently bought it at Target for her son.
Yes, Fraggle Rock is available on DVD over here, but watching on television is the cheaper version.

Written By: Davester on 08/24/08 at 5:30 pm

Never watched it...

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/24/08 at 6:16 pm

Never watched it...

You have no idea what you missed!
Ergo, even reading all of Traveling Matt's postcards might not be enough to catch you up, you'll probably have to go see Marjorie, the all-knowing... Trash Heap! (Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!)

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/25/08 at 7:51 pm

Ergo, even reading all of Traveling Matt's postcards might not be enough to catch you up, you'll probably have to go see Marjorie, the all-knowing... Trash Heap! (Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!)

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

I loved Marjorie my kids still refer to me sometimes as the all knowing all seeing trash heap. My ex husband used that to describe my car too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/08 at 5:15 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

A televisual feast!

Written By: RL4422 on 10/21/08 at 10:53 am

Hey guys :)  I'm new here, but I have a Fraggle Fan Site so I wanted to share that with anybody looking for Fraggle Rock information.  Also, I saw a thread asking if there was an episode where the Fraggles met the muppets, and they did in the Muppet Family Christmas.  They were living in the basement of Fozzie's Grannies house and Kermit and his nephew found them. 

http://www.ilovefraggles.com

Check for new replies or respond here...