inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember The Get Along Gang?

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/25/08 at 9:50 pm

I remeber I bought my kid a Moose "Montgomery good news moose who had roller skates

From Wikipedia

The Get Along Gang were characters created in 1984 by American Greetings' toy design and licensing division, Those Characters from Cleveland (now American Greetings Properties), for a series of greeting cards. The Get Along Gang was a group of twelve (and later, fourteen) pre-adolescent anthropomorphic animal characters in the fictional town of Green Meadow, who had formed a club that met in an abandoned caboose and who had various adventures whose upbeat stories tended to stress the importance of subsumption of one's own desires and compliance. The success of the greeting card line led to a Saturday morning television series, which aired on CBS for one season, from 1984 until 1985. The time slot was replaced by Disney's The Wuzzles.

Each of the characters had obvious faults, which they learned to overcome with the aid of their friends. For instance, the group's leader, Montgomery Moose, was quite clumsy, and tended to get his antlers caught in certain objects, such as tree branches; Woolma Lamb was extremely vain, and Dotty Dog was very careless.

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember The Get Along Gang?

Written By: whistledog on 08/25/08 at 10:20 pm

I remember it yes, but memories are sketchy as I haven't seen it since it went off the air in 1985.  I would love to see it again, if they ever put it on DVD or atleast showed repeats, which I doubt will happen :(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/25/08 at 11:36 pm

Yes...I used to watch the cartoon all the time. Sometimes I get them confused with, "Shirt Tales"

Written By: robby76 on 08/26/08 at 12:21 am

Its theme tune is definitely one of the best from the 80s! I'd be interested in a dvd release too as it wasn't on for long back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffBVAwsr8Q

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/sunyday76/GetAlongGang/gagshowgraphic.jpg

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/26/08 at 1:01 am

I remember this one from my childhood, but I haven't seen "The Get Along Gang" anywhere in over 20 years.

Check for new replies or respond here...