inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: are petticoats back in style ?

Written By: 278petticoatlover on 08/26/08 at 1:20 pm

:) i know that every other 80's fashion is back in style could someone tell me if petticoats are back in style also? i asked this question on yahoo answers but all i got  was two smart ass answers  and no so great answers

Subject: Re: are petticoats back in style ?

Written By: Todd on 08/26/08 at 3:35 pm

Yes they are!  Especially for party and formal wear.  If you look in any celeb magazine, you'll see pics of models and celebs at events and parties, many of them wearing dresses and skirts that are pouffed out with petticoats.  While I dont know if you'll see as many petticoats worn by themselves like you did in the 80s, petticoats are definitely here for party dresses!  I myself am glad about this because it is such a distinct look and style, that adds charm and personality to dresses and skirts.  Thats why I am also a fan of the 50s as well.  And as you can tell by my default pic, petticoats are always "in" with ME anyway!

Written By: 278petticoatlover on 08/27/08 at 10:37 am

Yes they are!  Especially for party and formal wear.  If you look in any celeb magazine, you'll see pics of models and celebs at events and parties, many of them wearing dresses and skirts that are pouffed out with petticoats.  While I dont know if you'll see as many petticoats worn by themselves like you did in the 80s, petticoats are definitely here for party dresses!  I myself am glad about this because it is such a distinct look and style, that adds charm and personality to dresses and skirts.  Thats why I am also a fan of the 50s as well.  And as you can tell by my default pic, petticoats are always "in" with ME anyway!
:)hi i just seen a model wearing a petticoat the 80's way on glamours web site she was also wearing fingerless gloves

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/29/08 at 5:36 pm

That makes my heart sing! Maybe I'll be able to relive the 80s (sorta)

Now all I need is a gigantic ghetto blaster and a cassette tape of Thriller and Purple Rain!  ;D 

(or I can just quietly listen to them on an ipod lol)

Check for new replies or respond here...