inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 20th class reunion - sources for big posters/lifesize/memorabilia?

Written By: Kristin on 08/28/08 at 9:10 am

Hi all -
I'm really hoping you can help us.  We are planning our 20th high school reunion (class of '88) and we are in desperate need of posters/life size cutouts/other good mid-late 80's memorabilia.  We've not had much luck on ebay yet, but perhaps you know of some good contacts/resources for obtaining this kind of stuff?  For purchase or rent?
Thanks in advance for your help!!

Subject: Re: 20th class reunion - sources for big posters/lifesize/memorabilia?

Written By: Lindee on 08/28/08 at 10:31 am

Try rummage sales. Sometimes people finally decide to give it away after hanging onto it for awhile.  About 5 years ago I went to one and this girl was getting rid of her 80s posters (mostly Bon Jovi).

Makes me think of the episode of Yes Dear where Greg rented a storage unit to store all of his 80s stuff.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/29/08 at 5:40 pm

Why don't you try allposters.com? I hear they have some nice stuff.  ;)

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/30/08 at 7:06 pm

You might want to try garage sales, thrift shops, antique stores, and/or flea markets. On a good day you might find some really neat stuff.  :)

Written By: 80sforever on 08/31/08 at 3:10 pm

Here's quite a few from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=80%27s%20poster&tag=opera-20&index=blended&link%5Fcode=qs

Check for new replies or respond here...