inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Saw NIN in Detroit (Auburn Hills), anyone else there?

Written By: oingo_fan on 08/30/08 at 9:24 pm

Saw NIN at the palace of Aubun Hills.  GREAT show, MINDBENDING lightshow, but I can't F'ING believe that "Pretty Hate Machine" is almost 20 years old...  Basically 80% of the crowd there was watching Mr. Rogers while I was "discovering" this band.  Talk about depression...  :o)

Subject: Re: Saw NIN in Detroit (Auburn Hills), anyone else there?

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/01/08 at 11:39 pm

I wasn't there but...

I can't F'ING believe that "Pretty Hate Machine" is almost 20 years old... 

I still remember the first time I heard "Head like a Hole".  Best breakup song ever written. :)

After PHM came the singles, and TDS, and you know you're old when you remember using The Downward Spiral as background music for DOOM... and back in the day, there were no MP3s, you had to use the CD-ROM drive to play audio CDs. 

As for TDS, I still see demon gibs flying everywhere when I hear Mr. Self Destruct or Heresy, slinking around quiet sewers and tunnels to the perky creepiness of Closer, and I still remember the room I used to lurk outside of for the ending of Ruiner (you could fire the double-barrelled shotgun in time to the music, and it had the right number of bad guys that if you entered at the right moment, you'd nail the last one on the last beat and be smiling and relaxed as the next level loaded to Trent's soothing whisper of "nothing can stop me now"...)

Basically 80% of the crowd there was watching Mr. Rogers while I was "discovering" this band.  Talk about depression...  :o)

We were up above it, now we're down in it.

Check for new replies or respond here...