inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: help identify game

Written By: mercurialbeing on 08/31/08 at 7:25 pm

umm, ok, the only thing i can remember about this game is that there were wet marbles, and tongs or tweezers, and what seemed like a big tissue. i think the point of the game was to put the marbles on the tissue paper which was kinda stretched out, and the person to break the tissue broke. any help would be appreciated, thanks

Subject: Re: help identify game

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/08 at 9:11 pm

umm, ok, the only thing i can remember about this game is that there were wet marbles, and tongs or tweezers, and what seemed like a big tissue. i think the point of the game was to put the marbles on the tissue paper which was kinda stretched out, and the person to break the tissue broke. any help would be appreciated, thanks

dude I wanna say your mom made this game up but I don't know you so I won't go there....

Never heard of it... Good luck finding it tho

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/31/08 at 9:49 pm

???    ... can't say I know that one ...

Written By: mercurialbeing on 08/31/08 at 11:24 pm

dude I wanna say your mom made this game up but I don't know you so I won't go there....

i would totally agree with you, except my roommates are actually the ones who brought the game up.

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/31/08 at 11:49 pm

;D ;D ;D LMAO!  Snoz, you crack me up!

Written By: Midas on 09/01/08 at 6:29 pm

Thin Ice Game  8)

Written By: snozberries on 09/01/08 at 7:40 pm

Thin Ice Game   8)

wait that was a real game?  :o 

Written By: mercurialbeing on 09/01/08 at 8:02 pm

Thin Ice Game   8)

you are freakin' awesome midas ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/01/08 at 9:59 pm

Thin Ice Game   8)
Holy Crap!  I'm so glad that I was born by the time electricity was invented!  ;D  That looks pretty lame.

Written By: snozberries on 09/01/08 at 10:38 pm

Holy Crap!  I'm so glad that I was born by the time electricity was invented!   ;D  That looks pretty lame.

;D

we had this in the 70's

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/greenoahu/z%20one%20use/icegame.jpg

Break the Ice... it was pretty lame but it was the 70's and was supposed to be lame... actually I was in a store a couple months back and saw they still make this game and other similar ones from that era made by the same company.

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/02/08 at 1:55 pm

;D

we had this in the 70's

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/greenoahu/z%20one%20use/icegame.jpg

Break the Ice... it was pretty lame but it was the 70's and was supposed to be lame... actually I was in a store a couple months back and saw they still make this game and other similar ones from that era made by the same company.
My daughter had this game.  What a stupid pain in the neck it is.  You whack at the ice a few times until it breaks, then have to set the WHOLE THING UP AGAIN IN ABOUT 30 SECONDS! :D

Written By: nally on 09/02/08 at 11:59 pm

My daughter had this game.  What a stupid pain in the neck it is.  You whack at the ice a few times until it breaks, then have to set the WHOLE THING UP AGAIN IN ABOUT 30 SECONDS! :D

That game looks kinda strange. ::) So does the concept.

Check for new replies or respond here...