inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for an 80s in Reveiw montage/video/documentary

Written By: hillb2 on 09/04/08 at 3:54 pm

We have a reunion coming up and I am looking for some sort of short montage/documentary that reviews the 1980s - major news events, movies, songs, etc.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Brian

Subject: Re: Looking for an 80s in Reveiw montage/video/documentary

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/08 at 4:12 pm

We have a reunion coming up and I am looking for some sort of short montage/documentary that reviews the 1980s - major news events, movies, songs, etc.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Brian

you could always go to a tape traders site and see if anyone has something from New Years Day 1990 they may have recapped the decade....

Of Course Labor Day Weekend VH1 or was it VH1 Classics had 80 hours worth of 80s.

Speaking of VH1 you could record (or get all of the I love the 80s) vols 1 2 & 3 That's like 30 episodes and watch that and make your own montage out of the stuff they have.

Written By: Davester on 09/04/08 at 11:22 pm

Thanks, Brian

There's a three-disc set by MPI called History of the 80s (80-89).  The focus is mostly on world events/politics of the era (which is why I like it) with only passing references to pop culture, MTV, top box office, &etc...

Covers everything from Love Canal to Tiananmen Square...

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/08 at 2:09 am

There's a three-disc set by MPI called History of the 80s (80-89).  The focus is mostly on world events/politics of the era (which is why I like it) with only passing references to pop culture, MTV, top box office, &etc...

Covers everything from Love Canal to Tiananmen Square...

yeah cuz nuthin says reunion fun like Nukes and Tanks  O0

;D

Written By: robby76 on 09/05/08 at 8:35 am

In the UK there was a fantastic series called The Rock & Roll Years. It was a great retrospective of each year from 80 - 89.

Here's a clip from the 1985 episode... (starts off with Reagan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYtEzzqcBlc

Check for new replies or respond here...