inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: kids tv 80s/90s.. please help!

Written By: louisetopham on 09/21/08 at 5:19 pm

Hi everyone.
I am trying to find the name of a childrens TV show which was either last 80s or early 90s.
It was an animation where a little boy ould go to sleep and he had a cuckoo clock on his wall which two weather people would come out of when he fell asleep and tell stories and it was all to do with the weather. I thought it was narrated by Richard Briers but when I checked his work on IMDB.com I couldn't find it.
If anyone could help it would be great!!!
Thanks x x

Subject: Re: kids tv 80s/90s.. please help!

Written By: karen on 09/21/08 at 7:11 pm

I did a quick Google search and found another discussion about an unknown children's tv show featuring weather people.  Someone suggested it might be called The Brollies.  There might be videos or DVDs available as well though I couldn't find anything.

Subject: Re: kids tv 80s/90s.. please help!

Written By: Claybricks on 09/21/08 at 9:21 pm

"The Brollies" featured a little boy who had a patchwork quilt and a wooden clock in his bedroom. When it was sunny a little woman would come out of one side and when it rained her husband would come out of the other and when the little boy went to bed he would magicly go inside one of the squares, each of which featured a different kind of weather, and having some adventures. There was a spikey evil looking thing called Jack Frost which was the baddy, as they always wanted good weather.   

http://www.sausagenet.com/program.asp?mode=view&progid=634&progname=Brollies,+the

The BROLLIES: The BROLLIES

(1990)

Library Synopsis

Animation for young children about a boy called Harry, who finds he can transport himself behind the brightly painted doors of his colourful weather house on the wall, where he meets the 2 wooden people Mr and Mrs Brolly, a plant called Wilkins, and Little Cloud, a naughty rain cloud.

Top five credits

Director  BOND, Trevor
Production Company  Weather House
Designer  KETTLE, Stuart
Narrator  SHAW-PARKER, David

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/444731

Dan

Check for new replies or respond here...