inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: help name a kid's show

Written By: mercurialbeing on 10/01/08 at 4:36 am

my roommates think i'm crazy but i swear i used to watch this show when i was a child. it was live action with puppets, set in a department store at night. the security guard was a puppet who loved sardine ice cream, and the main characters were live actors, i believe they were a guy and a girl, possibly siblings. i can't remember anything else about it except that i used to love it. any help would be appreciated.

Subject: Re: help name a kid's show

Written By: barry on 10/01/08 at 4:44 am

Today's Special
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cxLfIs051c

Written By: mercurialbeing on 10/01/08 at 4:51 am

OMG you're awesome!!! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/08 at 12:12 pm

it was on from 81-87 how did I not know about this???

Written By: wildcard on 10/01/08 at 2:00 pm

I remember watching it

Written By: whistledog on 10/01/08 at 9:01 pm

You know what's weird?  I saw the title of this thread, and the first thing that came to mind was Today's Special :o

When Today's Special ended, Jeff Hyslop (Mannequin Jeff) started a very successful stage career.  I saw him live at the Pantages Theatre in Toronto back in the 90s.  He played the title role in the Canadian production of 'The Phantom of the Opera'

The last I heard is that the store used in the show (Formerly 'Simpsons', now 'The Bay') has an actual mannequin on display that looks like Jeff Hyslop.  Next time I go to Toronto, I am going to go and see LOL

Written By: RL4422 on 10/21/08 at 10:59 am

I just popped into this thread out of curiosity, but that was my FAVORITE tv show!  With Max the security guard :)  and the little mouse.  Hahaha!  I can only remember one episode though, there was a fire in the department store I believe...  Too bad I can't remember ANYTHING that happened yesterday but I can remember that :)

Check for new replies or respond here...