inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: DD need no help from Timberlake!

Written By: Frenchie on 10/02/08 at 4:45 pm

I just have to say Duran Duran are a class of their own and my theory as to why "Red Carpet Massacre" bombed was because they collaborated with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland and it seems every song was about Britney Spears and Paris Hilton and the guys lusting after them!  To me, all the people who have called upon Timbaland aren't talented and they need his backbeats to cover that up.  Duran Duran have a great sound and they don't need anyone else.  If anything "Astronaut" was alot better because it captured the old sound that made Duran Duran so hot in the first place.  Now they're just a bunch of horny old men clearly going through some sort of a midlife crisis jacking off to posters of Britney and Paris while writing their songs.  No wonder Andy left.  Sure, he's not as important contributor to Duran Duran as John Taylor and Simon LeBon (*swoon*) but he did add an edge to their sound.  Now they just sound like another studio concoction.  And sorry....Justin Timberlake, as far as I'm concerned, is just a bubblegum sellout who made his bread by being in a boyband ten years ago and is now a Michael Jackson wannabe with no originality and he can only hope to be as hot as either Simon and/or John.  I just hope for their next album they somehow manage to coax Andy Taylor back into the group and ditch all the Justin/Timbaland/Britney/Paris CRAP and get back to what they do best.  BTW....I don't care what anyone says....John and Simon are the whole band and the other guys are window dressing.

Subject: Re: DD need no help from Timberlake!

Written By: Tam on 10/02/08 at 5:10 pm

First off, I deleted your other thread Frenchie/Arc/Jack/Tami/Denise/Zap because it was pointless.
The only reason the other Britney Spears thread is still alive is because there actually is some activity within it.
We do not appreciate spam/verbal diarrhea/pointlessness and if you don't stop with it, I will ban your email and ip addy. Furthermore, one of your posts used a prxy - the rules state they are not allowed to be used. If I find a praxy again, I will permanently ban you.

Have a nice day!

Tam 8)

Written By: Jessica on 10/02/08 at 5:20 pm

First off, I deleted your other thread Frenchie/Arc/Jack/Tami/Denise/Zap because it was pointless.
The only reason the other Britney Spears thread is still alive is because there actually is some activity within it.
We do not appreciate spam/verbal diarrhea/pointlessness and if you don't stop with it, I will ban your email and ip addy. Furthermore, one of your posts used a prxy - the rules state they are not allowed to be used. If I find a praxy again, I will permanently ban you.

Have a nice day!

Tam 8)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/pwned.jpg

Written By: Tam on 10/02/08 at 5:31 pm

^ Much obliged! 8)

Now if I could only spell PROXY right! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...