inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Muriels Wedding

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/07/08 at 6:06 am

This is one of my very favorite movies, just wanted to know others opinions about it.

also I think this is Abbas best song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByyWL7FpU90

I had never heard it before I saw the movie and can't seem to find it anywhere to download. I have sang it at Karaoke.
Was it a huge it down under or in Europe? Cuse I have never heard it here in the US.

Oh and here is the best scene from the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mzwbiVghnc

enjoy

Subject: Re: Muriels Wedding

Written By: gibbo on 10/07/08 at 4:27 pm

I do...was the song where I "fell in love with Abba"....and it charted hugely on Oz and many other places....
I remember they had several number 1's in a row over here at that time.

Chart positions
Chart (1975-1976) Position
Australian Singles Chart 1
New Zealand Singles Chart 1
South African Singles Chart 1
Swiss Singles Chart 1
Belgian Singles Chart 2
Norwegian Singles Chart 2
Dutch Singles Chart 3
Austrian Singles Chart 4
Rhodesian Singles Chart 5
West German Singles Chart 6
Canadian Singles Chart 12
French Singles Chart 14
U.S. Billboard Hot 100 15
U.K. Singles Chart 38

Written By: danootaandme on 10/07/08 at 4:29 pm

I love that movie!!!!!    :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/08 at 5:15 pm

I remember enjoying it but I haven't seen it in a while.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 10/07/08 at 6:45 pm

I love that movie!!!!!    :)

Me, too! Toni Collette is awesome!

Mi.

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/08/08 at 12:02 am

The nutcase I used to go out with ... confided with me ... that she'd watched it .... and gotten a big idea from it. She  actually went to a wedding shop (shops ?) ... years before I met her  ... and tried on a bridal gown ... to see what she might look like as a bride ... then burst into tears, as she told herself .... nobody would ever marry her. At that moment ... I felt sorry for her ... and didn't rule out the possibility ... that I might one day propose ?   :-\\   Having gone on to  endure a year of hell with her ... I'd say she was / IS  quite right !  8-P

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/08/08 at 5:39 am

The nutcase I used to go out with ... confided with me ... that she'd watched it .... and gotten a big idea from it. She  actually went to a wedding shop (shops ?) ... years before I met her  ... and tried on a bridal gown ... to see what she might look like as a bride ... then burst into tears, as she told herself .... nobody would ever marry her. At that moment ... I felt sorry for her ... and didn't rule out the possibility ... that I might one day propose ?  :-\\  Having gone on to  endure a year of hell with her ... I'd say she was / IS  quite right !  8-P

At least uescaped unscathed, and free to frolic all over London with Phil!!! I loved The Abbey road shots btw.

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/08/08 at 5:40 am

Me, too! Toni Collette is awesome!

Mi.

Yes I love Toni Collette, she is such a diverse actress.

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/08/08 at 7:07 am

At least uescaped unscathed, and free to frolic all over London with Phil!!! I loved The Abbey road shots btw.

Not entirely true. Did cop a number of bruises .... from being kicked and thumped .... when I had sciatica.  First time I'd ever had it in my life ! (back in 2001). She thought I was putting it on to some extent. Fact was, I had GREAT difficulty ... even sitting down ... to go to the loo (toilet) ... which we ALL have to do ... at SOME point .... and... crossing the road, I requested her arm .... it was a MAJOR effort /waiver on her part .......  ::)  8-P

So, when she attacked me, a couple of days later, my mobility was still severley hampered, / restricted. When she started to use me as a punching / kicking bag ........... I warned her / shadowed boxed to the best of my ability. She launched yet another attack ... but I was ready... and gave her a black eye (which she sported around a local club some days later .... as 'evidence' .. that I'd beaten HER up ! v ::)

As for unscathed ... MENTALLY .... I've never been quite the carefree guy / same person .......... since !    :-X

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/08/08 at 2:02 pm

Not entirely true. Did cop a number of bruises .... from being kicked and thumped .... when I had sciatica.  First time I'd ever had it in my life ! (back in 2001). She thought I was putting it on to some extent. Fact was, I had GREAT difficulty ... even sitting down ... to go to the loo (toilet) ... which we ALL have to do ... at SOME point .... and... crossing the road, I requested her arm .... it was a MAJOR effort /waiver on her part .......  ::)  8-P

So, when she attacked me, a couple of days later, my mobility was still severley hampered, / restricted. When she started to use me as a punching / kicking bag ........... I warned her / shadowed boxed to the best of my ability. She launched yet another attack ... but I was ready... and gave her a black eye (which she sported around a local club some days later .... as 'evidence' .. that I'd beaten HER up ! v ::)

As for unscathed ... MENTALLY .... I've never been quite the carefree guy / same person .......... since !    :-X

Geez you screen them better these days I hope. That sciatica can be a b!itch. I had it for Christmas one year wen my kid were little, I couldn't move off the couch. I thought only old people got it but I was still in my 20s.

Written By: Satish on 10/08/08 at 2:28 pm

I don't think this thread should be on the 80s board, since the movie Muriel's Wedding was released in 1994:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110598/

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/08 at 4:41 pm

Not entirely true. Did cop a number of bruises .... from being kicked and thumped .... when I had sciatica.  First time I'd ever had it in my life ! (back in 2001). She thought I was putting it on to some extent. Fact was, I had GREAT difficulty ... even sitting down ... to go to the loo (toilet) ... which we ALL have to do ... at SOME point .... and... crossing the road, I requested her arm .... it was a MAJOR effort /waiver on her part .......  ::)   8-P

so not unscathed....but still you escaped and that sounds like a good thing.

Written By: Zeb on 10/14/08 at 3:45 pm

I also like that movie.

Check for new replies or respond here...