inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Headbangers' Ball"

Written By: woops on 10/14/08 at 1:39 pm

For some reason (probably the popularity of the 20th anniversary of "Yo! MTV Raps"), Moronic TV2 is celebrating the 20th anniversary of  "Headbangers' Ball".

Strange since the show first made it's debut in 1987, which  was 21 years ago. Then again, it's the same network that airs Moronic TV junk...  ::) 8-P

* "MTV Essential: Metallica" - Premiere: Monday at 11:00 p.m.

This special takes a look at the evolution of METALLICA and also catches up with the band now. New interviews discussing their new album "Death Magnetic" and also about their recent performance at Rock Am Ring festival.

* "Avenged Sevenfold: Live in LBC" – Premiere: Wednesday at 11:00 p.m.

This performance special from AVENGED SEVENFOLD's "Live in the LBC & Diamonds in the Rough" DVD features the band's April 10, 2008 hometown show at the Long Beach Arena headlining the Rockstar Taste of Chaos tour.

* "Best of Headbanger's Ball" Video Blocks - Premiere: Monday-Thursday at 10:00 p.m. / SLIPKNOT Video Premiere Saturday

Best moments from "Headbanger's Ball" will air along with classic metal videos which include the highly anticipated video from SLIPKNOT, "Dead Memories", and THE SWORD's "How Heavy The Axe".

* "Headbangers Ball" Special Anniversary Edition (2-hour) - Premiere: Saturday at 10:00 p.m.

This special is a roundtable discussion with some of "Headbangers"' most notable VJs such as Riki Rachtman, Dee Snider, and Jamey Jasta. They will discuss all things heavy metal, some archive "Headbanger" moments, and their favorite episodes. The show will also take a look back at some classic metal videos that have been featured on the program since the show's inception.

Sounds like another ploy to promote Metallica's recent album... other than that, some of the specials are worth watching.

Have anybody watched the original "Headbangers' Ball" and any favorite episodes, artists, music videos, etc?

Subject: Re: "Headbangers' Ball"

Written By: midnite on 10/14/08 at 8:20 pm

As a kid, circa 1988-89, I would stay up late and watch Headbangers Ball.  Since the "harder" bands were not played on the radio in my area, Headbangers Ball was the only place I could get exposure to:

Metallica (before the Black Album took them mainstream)
Motley Crue (before Dr. Feelgood took them mainstream)
Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest For The Wicked (Crazy Babies, Miracle Man, etc) plus the classics Crazy Train, Shot In The Dark, etc)
Megadeth
Anthrax

IMPORTANT NOTE:  When Headbangers Ball first came on, many of these bands were SHUNNED by the mainstream.  By the early 90s, they became mainstream.

Written By: woops on 10/15/08 at 11:51 am

Weren't Motley Crue mainstream before 1989?

Though MTV & VH1 wants them to appear that way in specials...

Written By: skippy on 10/16/08 at 7:52 pm

I have a list of headbangers ball shows for trade, let me know if you have some of the episodes of headbangers ball to send my list.
this my email:savatagelegions@yahoo.com

For some reason (probably the popularity of the 20th anniversary of "Yo! MTV Raps"), Moronic TV2 is celebrating the 20th anniversary of  "Headbangers' Ball".

Strange since the show first made it's debut in 1987, which  was 21 years ago. Then again, it's the same network that airs Moronic TV junk...  ::) 8-P

Sounds like another ploy to promote Metallica's recent album... other than that, some of the specials are worth watching.

Have anybody watched the original "Headbangers' Ball" and any favorite episodes, artists, music videos, etc?

Written By: tony78201 on 10/25/08 at 3:35 pm

I would stay home on saturday nights to watch that show. I remember before headbangers ball MTV would air a show called "Hard 30"

Check for new replies or respond here...