inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Name That Song (IF You Can...)

Written By: claymoharryjr on 10/23/08 at 11:27 am

Please, for the love of Pete, help me name this song! All I can remember is that it came on the classic rock radio station (102.1 "the Fox" in Sumter, South Carolina) and the beginning words of it (in the voice of almost like some kind of deranged Simpsons character) are "Upim, eepim, aupim, opem..."

I've asked hordes of people and I've only had two positive responses. One person said it sounded like an AC/DC song. The other person claimed to have heard it before BUT wasn't sure of who it was by or the name of the song...

I'm seriously in dire need of this song because it's driving me up the walls when I can't remember the exact details of something stuck in my head. This song is the last of roughly almost 20 or so songs I need to complete recapturing (digitally) most of the faintly remembered songs I was growing up to. I'm an '86 baby but let me tell you something, Jack: I only am physically, mentally is a whole nother world.

So to anyone reading this:
1.) thank you for your time 

AND 

2.) If you know of it please help me in anyway you can.

Thank you in advance older peoples with the mind I'd do almost anything for... lol

Subject: Re: Name That Song (IF You Can...)

Written By: Kryllith on 10/23/08 at 11:32 am

Doubt this is it, since your suggested lyrics were missing the "g" sound, but the only thing that pops immediately to mind is "Rock of Ages" by Def Leppard where it starts with counting in German.

Adding the link, just in case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvNOZegkVXo

Written By: claymoharryjr on 10/23/08 at 11:46 am

OMG! YES! THAT IS IT! THANK YOU KINDLY! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO HEAR A SONG YOU HAVENT HEARD IN FOREVER! How can I ever repay you!? lol

Written By: Kryllith on 10/23/08 at 12:04 pm

I'm just glad I got it right.  ;) It probably would bugged me to no end trying to figure out what it was if it wasn't Dep Leppard.

Written By: karen on 10/23/08 at 2:20 pm

How can I ever repay you!? lol

Well it's not much but I'll give Kryllith some karma on your behalf.

Written By: snozberries on 10/23/08 at 10:28 pm

Well it's not much but I'll give Kryllith some karma on your behalf.

Kryllith just might give Jason a run for his money donchaya think?

Written By: claymoharryjr on 10/29/08 at 12:36 pm

Y'all are wild peoples! I'ma ease back down this yellow brick road the next time I have a relevant question to for sure, I know y'all gurus will help an unsavvy one at will...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/29/08 at 12:39 pm

OR you could stick around and come play with us.  :P  ;D  I'm just sayin'

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/08 at 6:39 pm

OR you could stick around and come play with us.  :P  ;D  I'm just sayin'

I likes the way you think... and I miss you... hurry back!

Check for new replies or respond here...