inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I NEED HELP FINDING A TOY PLEASE!!!!!

Written By: JerziSapphire on 10/26/08 at 10:43 am

Hey i need help finding this toy from the late 80's maybe the first couple years of the 90's...I think they were called "Rap Glasses"...They talked and played a couple musical tunes...One of the things it said was "Dig that sound, it's live jive. Rap me baby, I'm a real kool kat!"...If you have seen them or know exactly what they are called and who made them please reply ASAP..

I'm trying to find them because my little brother was on the cover of the glasses and we lost the originals we had years ago...I thought it would be a really nice Christmas gift for him...If you have the glasses could you please post a pic of them...Thank you very much

Subject: Re: I NEED HELP FINDING A TOY PLEASE!!!!!

Written By: Claybricks on 10/26/08 at 11:33 am

The sort of rap-like beat they used was not unlike the electronic
sunglasses for kids I once saw which had a rap beat with three
buttons you could hit to make your child-size green eyeglasses
say "RAP ME, BABY!" / "IT'S LIVE JIVE!" / "I'M A REAL COOL CAT!"

http://www.kibo.com/rawdata/1998/1998-12-22.txt

I would suggest you do a weekly search on Ebay.

Dan

Subject: Re: I NEED HELP FINDING A TOY PLEASE!!!!!

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/27/08 at 10:36 pm

http://www.kibo.com/rawdata/1998/1998-12-22.txt

Sorry for the diversion, but as a somewhat-lapsed Kibologist, I had to boggle at that link.  There are still some of us left, or was this ust one of those amazing coincidences that the Googletron comes up with from time to time?  Either way, Karma for anything referring to Kibo.  My Kibo number is 3.  Assuming he has private messages forwarded to him via email, Claybricks' Kibo number is now 4.

Kibo is arguably the first, and unarguably the greatest net.legend (nay, net.god) of all time.  He was a meme at least a decade before LOLcats, before All Your Base, before I KISS YOU, before Mr. T Ate My Balls, before the friggin' Hamster Dance.  Hell, we're talking half a decade before HTTP.

We now return to our seeking of the obscure toy.  I'll post if I find anything, but even though I don't remember the original toy, I'm feeling a strange compulsion to find myself one!  But first, I'm gonna sing a round of Kiboman, just for old time's sake.

Check for new replies or respond here...