inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A song that you probably can't help me with

Written By: Superrodan on 11/07/08 at 11:26 am

I heard a song ona  channel here that plays 80s and 90s music, and I don't know what it was. The channel lists every song they play on their website, in order, but when I went to check, it wasn't there. I emailed them and got no reply at all. So I ended up calling them, and they told me that if a song wasn't on the site, it was part of their "lost 80s" section. That means that unfortunately, it probably wasn't too big of a hit, so I'm having trouble.

I seem to recall the chorus being a very simple "join us, join us" with the second join us being higher than the first. After they say "join us, join us" the singer has one or two lines of singing and then they repeat "join us join us" again.

Subject: Re: A song that you probably can't help me with

Written By: karen on 11/07/08 at 11:59 am

Style of music?
male/female singers?
country you are from

might help members here pinpoint the song you require

Written By: Superrodan on 11/07/08 at 12:38 pm

American, I'm fairly certain it was a male singer, and it had almost an early Mike and the Mechanics feel, kind of like a Silent Running vibe.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/07/08 at 12:52 pm

Bad Religion - Join Us

Written By: Superrodan on 11/07/08 at 1:54 pm

I listened to the Bad Religion song, and that's not it. Thanks for trying, however, I appreciate all the help I can get.

Written By: Obbop on 11/07/08 at 8:31 pm

Good luck.

It took me around 23 years to ID a song heard once in 1973.

A Web message board guesser led me to That's Where I went Wrong by the Poppy Family.

Frustrating but the sweet flavor of success after all those years was divine when the descending stylus emitted the tune that I recognized within 3 seconds.

Sent that guesser 5 bucks in Burger King coupons via snail mail as a "Thanks."

Written By: mikey on 11/08/08 at 1:15 pm

I heard a song ona  channel here that plays 80s and 90s music, and I don't know what it was. The channel lists every song they play on their website, in order, but when I went to check, it wasn't there. I emailed them and got no reply at all. So I ended up calling them, and they told me that if a song wasn't on the site, it was part of their "lost 80s" section. That means that unfortunately, it probably wasn't too big of a hit, so I'm having trouble.

I seem to recall the chorus being a very simple "join us, join us" with the second join us being higher than the first. After they say "join us, join us" the singer has one or two lines of singing and then they repeat "join us join us" again.
        i hope this will help you......the only 2 songs i know are:  THE FEELING--JOIN WITH US  or  BAD RELIGION--COME JOIN US

Written By: karen on 11/08/08 at 1:56 pm

I also found a song that was from Evil Dead: The Musical

Written By: Superrodan on 11/10/08 at 6:14 pm

I've tried the other suggestions in the topic, but none of them are it. I'm happy that you guys are trying, however.

It's funny because I heard the song so long ago and I thought I knew how it went (still do) but am hesitant to sing it or anything on the internet because if I am remembering it incorrectly it will make it completely impossible for anyone else to figure out.

It's one of those stuations where I wish I could give you guys more hints to help myself out, but if I give you hints that are tainted by a faulty memory I'll be even farther away from the answer.

Written By: karen on 11/10/08 at 6:48 pm

I've tried the other suggestions in the topic, but none of them are it. I'm happy that you guys are trying, however.

It's funny because I heard the song so long ago and I thought I knew how it went (still do) but am hesitant to sing it or anything on the internet because if I am remembering it incorrectly it will make it completely impossible for anyone else to figure out.

It's one of those stuations where I wish I could give you guys more hints to help myself out, but if I give you hints that are tainted by a faulty memory I'll be even farther away from the answer.

It's worth a try to post anything you can remember about the song.  Even if it's just two or three potential words.

Somewhere I had a link to a website where you could hum or "la, la" a tune and it would identify it for you.  I'll see if I can find it again

MTA:  http://www.midomi.com/

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/10/08 at 7:46 pm

It's worth a try to post anything you can remember about the song.  Even if it's just two or three potential words.

Somewhere I had a link to a website where you could hum or "la, la" a tune and it would identify it for you.  I'll see if I can find it again

MTA:  http://www.midomi.com/
You are so cool, I could not find anything like this ;)  I am impressed :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/11/08 at 5:29 pm

I also found a song that was from Evil Dead: The Musical

I actually went to see it, this summer, it was awesome!

Written By: seanok777 on 11/13/08 at 12:03 am

Found this little chorus that has those words - don't know if it's what you're looking for.  Here's the link <http://www.songsforteaching.com/iamafinemusician.htm>  Song by Andrea Moon (I think).

Written By: Superrodan on 06/13/09 at 4:40 am

I FOUND IT. OH THE SWEET TASTE OF SUCCESS!!!!

It turns out I was mis-hearing the lyrics but had the melody exactly perfect. :(
music recognition websites, and people and nobody recognized it, but I heard it on the radio earlier today for the second time ever and thought

"Oh wait, I don't think they're saying Join Us! I think they might be saying the name Joanna!"

I'm glad the DJ came on after that because it turns out I got it wrong AGAIN.

Here is what it really is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmevO2V2JxA&feature=related

I REALLY like the song though, and am so glad it got into my playlist

Written By: danootaandme on 06/13/09 at 5:01 am

I REMEMBER THAT SONG!!!  I liked it, but it didn't get a lot of play and I loved when it came on.  Thanks, I am adding it to my paylist, too.

Written By: Henk on 06/13/09 at 8:03 am

It turns out I was mis-hearing the lyrics but had the melody exactly perfect. :(
music recognition websites, and people and nobody recognized it, but I heard it on the radio earlier today for the second time ever and thought

"Oh wait, I don't think they're saying Join Us! I think they might be saying the name Joanna!"

Well, I would never have gotten that one. Not because of your description (makes perfect sense to me - especially now that I've heard it), but because I don't know this song at all.

Anyway... glad you found it, and glad you decided to post again to inform us. :)

Written By: Claybricks on 06/13/09 at 8:13 am

For future searchers looking for the same misheard lyrics...

Red Rockers - China {1983}

Dan

Written By: karen on 06/13/09 at 2:44 pm

Glad you found the song and thanks for posting the result here.

You may well help someone else who remembers this the same way!

Written By: Obbop on 08/03/11 at 9:02 am

"I FOUND IT. OH THE SWEET TASTE OF SUCCESS!!!!"

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...