inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm going to be in the 4th row for Duran Duran!!

Written By: ILUV80S on 11/13/08 at 5:16 pm

I'm going to see Duran Duran for the 5th time and I got 4th row!  I am SO excited!  The only thing is it's not on John's side  :( but I'll still take it!  They'll be here December 8th, I can't wait!  :D

Subject: Re: I'm going to be in the 4th row for Duran Duran!!

Written By: Midas on 11/14/08 at 9:36 am

Rock on.  I saw them at the Royal Oak Theatre in MI 5 years ago this weekend. :)  Small venue and great show.

Written By: Kryllith on 11/14/08 at 1:08 pm

Yeah, unfortunately I missed the initial sell phase for Tulsa, so I'm playing the waiting game. I held out for RUSH earlier this year and got really nice seats at the original price (rather than 3-5 times it). I figure I should be able to do the same for Duran Duran.

Written By: midnite on 11/14/08 at 1:11 pm

Congrats!!!!

I have recently become a fan of Duran Duran's music over the past 5 years.  In the 80s or 90s, i wouldn't have touched a Duran Duran album (in public anyways, lol).  I would see them in concert if i had a chance but only if they played the classics.  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/14/08 at 2:21 pm

I'm going to see Duran Duran for the 5th time and I got 4th row!  I am SO excited!  The only thing is it's not on John's side  :( but I'll still take it!  They'll be here December 8th, I can't wait!  :D

Fun.  Have a great time.  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/14/08 at 5:13 pm

Congrads!

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/14/08 at 9:15 pm

Jealous ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have a great time, I have loved them since my Junior High Years, and I still have not seen them :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

Written By: ILUV80S on 11/15/08 at 3:23 pm

Congrats!!!!

I have recently become a fan of Duran Duran's music over the past 5 years.  In the 80s or 90s, i wouldn't have touched a Duran Duran album (in public anyways, lol).   I would see them in concert if i had a chance but only if they played the classics.   ;)

Tsk, tsk!  ;D  They actually play a good mix of the new and old stuff, it's great!

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/15/08 at 7:58 pm

Good stuff. :) That'd be fun just seeing one of the biggest 80s bands.

I discovered "Rio" and "Hungry Like the Wolf" as a kid in the early '90s when VH1 still played them alot. The videos were cool and funny, but I never got much into their music (in fact I think those two songs are overplayed, especially compared to their other stuff). Although I now love "The Reflex", it's so fun and cheesy and upbeat. :)

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/16/08 at 5:46 am

Wow... fourth row!!! What awesome seats. I know you'll have an amazing time @ the D2 concert! :)

Mi.

Written By: ninny on 11/16/08 at 11:45 am

Congrats! enjoy yourself.

Check for new replies or respond here...