inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trying to find a specific song about a frog

Written By: Salena on 11/15/08 at 12:14 pm

Hi there,

I've been looking for a song recording for my grandmother for the past 3 years with no luck.  It's from a zen story about two frogs jumping in a pail of milk, one gives up, sinks and drowns and the other keeps jumping, churns some milk into butter and is able to jump out.

I think she said it had a country-type feel to it.  I've found the story and it's listed below. 

If you've ever heard of this or know where else I could look to try to find it, I'm trying to find the artist and song.  It may even be from the 70s, but I suspect it's from the 80s.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Here's the story:

TWO FROGS IN TROUBLE

Once a big fat frog and a lively little frog were hopping along together when they had a misfortune to jump straight into a pail of fresh milk. They swam for hours and hours, hoping to get out somehow, but the sides of the pail were steep and slippery and death seemed certain.
When the frog was exhausted, he lost courage. There seemed no hope of rescue. “Why keep struggling against the inevitable? I cant swim any longer”, he moaned. “Keep on! Keep on!” urged the little frog, who was still circling the pail. So they went on for a while. But the big frog decided it was no use. “Little brother, we may as well give up” he gasped, “ I’m going to quit struggling”.
Now only the little frog was left. He thought to himself, “ Well, to give up is to be dead, so I will keep on swimming”. Two more hours passed and the tiny legs of the determined little frog were almost paralyzed with exhaustion. It seemed as if he could not keep moving for another minute. But then he taught of his dead friend and repeated, “To give up is to be meat for someone’s table, so I’ll keep paddling until I die – if death is to come – but I will not cease trying -- while there is life, there’s hope! ”
Intoxicated with determination, the little frog kept on, around and around the pail, chopping the milk into white waves. After a while, just as he felt completely numb and thought he was about to drown, he suddenly felt something solid under him. To his astonishment, he saw that he was resting on a lump of butter, which he had churned by his incessant paddling! And so the successful little frog leaped out of the milk pail to freedom.   

By Paramahamsa Yogananda

Subject: Re: Trying to find a specific song about a frog

Written By: Claybricks on 11/16/08 at 3:27 pm

Try this country song...

The Fischers - Two Frogs

song clip...

http://cdbaby.com/cd/fischers

TWO FROGS
© T.C. Hamlet, Peter Gehr,

Two frogs fell into a can of cream,
Or so I’ve heard it told.
The sides of the can were shiny and steep,
The cream was deep and cold.
"Oh, what's the use?" croaked number one.
"We're lost! No help's around!
Good bye, my friend, this is the end!"
And sinking in, he drowned.

But number two, who wasn't through,
Refused to compromise.
He jutted out his creamy chin
And dried his creamy eyes.
"I'll keep on swimmin'! Where there's life
There's always hope!" He said.
"It really wouldn't help the World
If one more frog were dead!"

(Chorus)  Don't give up when you're sinkin'
And feelin' down!
Don't give up when you're sinkin',
You don't have to drown!

For many an hour he kicked and splashed,
At last he stopped to sputter,
"Why, look at that! I can hop right out!
I've whipped the cream to butter!"
So if sometimes your problems make you
Feel you want to scream,
Remember how the froggy churned
The butter out of cream!

(Chorus 2) Don't give up when you're sinkin'
And feelin' down! 
Don't give up when you're sinkin',
You don't have to drown,
You don't have to drown,
You don't have to drown!

Dan

Subject: Re: Trying to find a specific song about a frog

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/22/08 at 5:36 pm

Caribbean Amphibian by kermit????

EDIT 
OR:

Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows.........

Check for new replies or respond here...