inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I heard a song.

Written By: Tim on 11/16/08 at 10:20 pm

I have just been watching the I Love The 80's and I Love The 80's In 3-D and there is a song I can hear pieces of. The first time it occurs during the rubik's cube discussion, and the second occurs during the Police Academy discussion. If anyone knows the title and artist, I would appreciate it. Thank You.

Subject: Re: I heard a song.

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/16/08 at 10:27 pm

Do you remember which year it was from?  I think they do that series by year.  I'm sure it would help.

Written By: Gis on 11/17/08 at 3:20 am

Style of music? male or female singer? Any lyrics?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/08 at 3:50 am

Do you remember which year it was from?  I think they do that series by year.  I'm sure it would help.
The Rubik Cube became popular in 1980.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/08 at 3:54 am

From VH1.com

About the episdoe 1981:

While 1980 kicked off a brand new decade, 1981 was truly the year of birth. Everything from a new presidency to music television took shape within the twelve months that made 1981 a year featuring romance, transition, and a White House full of jellybeans.

The year began with the birth of a new presidential campaign, which suffered a scare at the hands of an obsessed Jody Foster fan. John Hinkley's assassination attempt was soon followed by one against the Pope, giving birth to one of the great vehicles of the 20th Century, the Pope-Mobile. Speaking of babies in the vehicular maternity ward, the Delorean was also born in 1981, and would eventually take Marty McFly back in time several years later in "Back to the Future."

1981 was also the year two major marriages were born, one fictitious and one royal. Luke and Laura tied the knot on a very special episode of General Hospital, and Prince Charles took Lady Diana as his bride in a beautiful ceremony at Buckingham Palace.

And what would a year be like without music? MTV, the first ever 24-hour music television channel came screaming out of the proverbial womb in August, launching countless careers and hairstyles, and leaving camera-unfriendly artists in the dust.

1981 also gave us the birth of an anchor, as Walter Cronkite's retirement paved the way for a changing of the guard, and thus the Dan Rather era was born. And as the American public was introduced to Rather as the face of news, a new comedy would drag our attention to the birth of arguably the greatest actor of our time: Bosom Buddies introduced us to Tom Hanks, not to mention his feminine side.

1981 was also the year of the birth of a multitude of electronics with the launch of the PC's and of course on a lighter note the explosions of video games. Among those video games, which will drive us crazy for the rest of the decade, are Donkey Kong, centipede and of course Pac Man, all part of the great Atari system.... And for those who aren't that computer savvy, a certain Dr. Rubik came out with his famous cube.

And where would we be today without the megastars that were actually born in 1981? Alicia Keys, Beyonce Knowles, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Natalie Portman, the names go on and on. 1981 was a year of birth, and 21 years later the events of that year remain relevant to this day.
...but still no indication as to the song.

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/22/08 at 5:35 pm

QUOTE    And where would we be today without the megastars that were actually born in 1981? Alicia Keys, Beyonce Knowles, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Natalie Portman, the names go on and on. 1981 was a year of birth, and 21 years later the events of that year remain relevant to this day.

Mmmmm, I truly forgot just how lucky we were! :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...