inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bardeux

Written By: woops on 11/19/08 at 12:13 am

Is anybody familiar with Bardeux?

Bardeux "Magic Carpet Ride".  Catchy song :D

Don't think they were ever mainstream, though they did have a Top 40 hit with "When We Kiss". Also had a few Billboard dance hits.. Though they were also cute.  8)

from Wikipedia
Bardeux is a dance duo from the late 1980s. The group was formed in 1987 and consisted of Stacy "Acacia" Smith and Tarrie B. The group's first single "Three Time Lover", went to #10 on Billboard's Hot Dance Singles Sales chart. Tarrie B. left the group to pursue a solo career and was replaced by Lisa "Jaz" Teaney. In 1988 the group released their album Bold as Love and their second single "Magic Carpet Ride". The single went to #5 on Billboard's Hot Dance Singles Sales chart and #81 on the Billboard Hot 100.

The group performed the song on Club MTV. "When We Kiss", the third single from the album, would turn out to be the group's biggest hit going all the way to #36 on the Billboard Hot 100. The fourth single released from the album, Bleeding Heart, was a top 40 hit on the Billboard's Hot Dance Singles Sales chart. A fifth and last single release from that album, "Hold Me, Hold Me" did not chart.

Subject: Re: Bardeux

Written By: whistledog on 11/19/08 at 10:00 am

Both 'Magic Carpet Ride' and 'When We Kiss' were written by the group's producer Jon St. James, thus qualifying them for Canadian Content.  Did CANCON help Bardeux become BIG stars in Canada?  Not really ...

'When We Kiss' reached #30 and 'Magic Carpet Ride' stalled at #92

Written By: midnite on 11/19/08 at 5:17 pm

I didn't know Bardeux in the 80s, but I have a couple of their songs now - Three Time Lover and Bleeding Heart. 

Written By: Midas on 11/20/08 at 8:57 am

Bardeux were played on Phoenix radio quite a bit and I saw them perform at a waterpark in 1989 with J.J. Fad.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...