inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Foam Aeroplanes from the 80@s

Written By: judith porter on 11/28/08 at 4:03 pm

Hi - I'm new to this so sorry if this post is in the wrong category.

I wanted to ask if anybody remembers the foam aeroplanes from the 80's?  They were in a little packet and cost about a £1 or probably less?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Many thanks indeed

Judith

Subject: Re: Foam Aeroplanes from the 80@s

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/08 at 5:10 pm

If you are referring to the ones with the little plastic propellers that worked via an elastic band, then yes I remember them :)

Written By: Chasey on 12/29/08 at 7:12 pm

They were brilliant.  I owned the following: Spitfire, Hurricane, Mustang, Focke-Wulf, and Messerschmitt.  Infact I used to keep on losing the stupid things, as once a gust of wind took hold......it was bye-bye plane!

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/29/08 at 11:15 pm

I wanted to ask if anybody remembers the foam aeroplanes from the 80's?  They were in a little packet and cost about a £1 or probably less?

I don't know about pounds sterling, but Guillow's is still in the toy airplane business in the States.  The company's history is fascinating, and goes back to the 20s.

Of note, the 90s saw Guillow acquiring both Tiger, and Comet (both of whom had foam-based designs).  I'm not sure if they ship to the UK, but you can order planes (both in original designs, and custom-printed, and even the custom planes can be had in quantities suitable to individual buyers!) through their website.

Written By: robby76 on 12/31/08 at 4:42 am

Yep I remember the foam airplanes. I used to have quite a few in the early-mid 80s. Can anyone source photos of them? The Guillows ones don't seem to be the ones I'm thinking of.

Written By: robby76 on 12/31/08 at 8:36 pm

Me again... these are the ones I used to have. Same packaging and everything!

http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/eb/d4/61c4_1.JPG

Check for new replies or respond here...