inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for the name of a song from 80s

Written By: teksbud on 12/07/08 at 8:57 am

There was a song from the early 80s that I never heard on the radio but saw it a few times on MTV.  From what I remember, the dude that sang was a dark-haired fellow with a moustache.  I can't remember the name of the song and I think I remember some of the lyrics as going like this:

"I love you (I know)
I love you (I know)
You're going to give me a heart attack"

That's all I can remember.  I know that's not much to go on, but if it sparks a memory in your mind, would you please post what you think it might be?  Seems like it was aired no later than 1982 or 1983.  I'm 40 now, so yeah, it's been a long time.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Looking at some of these posts has really taken me back in time.  Great site and thanks for your time!!

Subject: Re: Looking for the name of a song from 80s

Written By: Henk on 12/07/08 at 9:48 am

There was a song from the early 80s that I never heard on the radio but saw it a few times on MTV.  From what I remember, the dude that sang was a dark-haired fellow with a moustache.  I can't remember the name of the song and I think I remember some of the lyrics as going like this:

"I love you (I know)
I love you (I know)
You're going to give me a heart attack"

That's all I can remember.  I know that's not much to go on, but if it sparks a memory in your mind, would you please post what you think it might be?  Seems like it was aired no later than 1982 or 1983.  I'm 40 now, so yeah, it's been a long time.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Looking at some of these posts has really taken me back in time.  Great site and thanks for your time!!

Easy. :) That's "I Love You" by Yello. Here's the video.

Happens to be one of my favorite songs of the 1980's, and a big hit over here as well. ;)

Written By: teksbud on 12/07/08 at 11:10 am

Ohmygosh!  Thank you so much for the info and a link to the video!  I was 14 and a freshman in high school.  Amazon.com has it so I'll be adding it to my growing 80s collection.  Not a great song to most, I'm sure, but the songs don't have to be great for bringing back old memories.  Going back in time like that is so fun, but it's also one of the things that reminds you how old you are.

Again, thanks so much for the info and to everyone else for making this a super place to visit.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/07/08 at 6:53 pm

Ohmygosh!  Thank you so much for the info and a link to the video!.

Again, thanks so much for the info and to everyone else for making this a super place to visit.

It's nice ... when we're able to solve somebody's request for info ...in this regard.  We have a few 'aces' in the music department in our ranks ... Henk and Whistledog .... being perhaps the foremost ?

Sorry ... I don't know this song ... was never gonna be able to assist, but when I have in the past,  it's  doubly satisfying .... the person concerned, and yourself.

I like to see these outcomes !  8)

Have fun !  :)

Written By: whistledog on 12/07/08 at 8:06 pm

Yello were an awesome band and 'I Love You' is fantastic!

It's a shame they never really caught on in North America.  'Oh Yeah' was their only hit here :(

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/07/08 at 9:37 pm

It's a shame they never really caught on in North America.  'Oh Yeah' was their only hit here :(

They also did "Bostich" which was a personal favorite.

Written By: Midas on 12/08/08 at 11:22 am

I have quite a few Yello records:

"Oh Yeah"
"Vicious Games"
"I Love You"
"Do It"
"Jungle Bill"
"Tremendous Pain"
"The Race"

I also have some yellow records :D

Written By: SharpshooterTom on 12/08/08 at 1:51 pm

There hasn't been any 80s revival.

Where are all the mullets?  Big hair? loud rock? Perms?  Hell even the current pop/music scene is completley different to back then.  This decade has been much more revolved around the 70s than the 80s IMO.

Things seem to run 30 years or so behind, late 70s was punk and there seems to be a HELL alot of punk revival in terms of some the hairstyles we're seeing recently.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/08/08 at 1:54 pm

"Oh Yeah"
"Vicious Games"
"I Love You"
"Do It"
"Jungle Bill"
"Tremendous Pain"
"The Race"

I also have some yellow records :D

I have some yellow teeth ...... not to mention, (yikes) yellow underwear !

:D

Written By: Midas on 12/08/08 at 2:10 pm

I have some yellow teeth ...... not to mention, (yikes) yellow underwear !

:D

:o :-X ;D

My copy of U2's "Lemon" 12-Inch Single is pressed on translucent yellow vinyl.  :)  I have a couple more records that are a translucent yellow-orange-ish colour.

Written By: whistledog on 12/08/08 at 2:15 pm

yellow vinyl LOL  I find the coloured vinyl isn't all that good becuase it's difficult to see if it's got scratches in it.  My copy of Bryan Adams' 45 'Christmas Time' is on Green vinyl, and to the trained eye, not a scratch on it, yet it skips on the B-Side

Written By: Midas on 12/08/08 at 2:20 pm

yellow vinyl LOL  I find the coloured vinyl isn't all that good becuase it's difficult to see if it's got scratches in it.  My copy of Bryan Adams' 45 'Christmas Time' is on Green vinyl, and to the trained eye, not a scratch on it, yet it skips on the B-Side

Most of my coloured vinyl rarely gets played as I consider them to be of greater value.

Written By: whistledog on 12/08/08 at 2:28 pm

Most of my coloured vinyl rarely gets played as I consider them to be of greater value.

The same for me.  I got an original (sleeve and all) purple vinyl 45 issue of Elvis Presley's 1981 Guitar Man remix.  I bet alot of Elvis colelctors would love to get their hands on that LOL

Written By: Paul on 12/08/08 at 3:25 pm

I still have the Dickies' 100mph version of 'Banana Splits' (yes, that one!) on shockingly translucent yellow vinyl...

(Bananas, yellow...do you see?)

The whole dam' lot must have been pressed like this, as I've never seen a 'normal' black copy!

Written By: Henk on 12/08/08 at 4:01 pm

I've got two green copies of K.i.D.'s "Don't Stop". I've also seen them come in red, but I don't think there are any black ones out.

...Now to get back on topic:

"Oh Yeah"
"Vicious Games"
"I Love You"
"Do It"
"Jungle Bill"
"Tremendous Pain"
"The Race"

"Vicious Games" is also among my most favorite Yello records. But the one that I like best is "The Rhythm Divine" (w/ Shirley Bassey). 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...