inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Desperately need your help

Written By: jazzjeppe on 12/20/08 at 3:53 am

Greetings!
First, wow! This was an active community and just what I am looking for. So I hope you don't mind me joining in the fun and I promise I will contribute with my great humour, great knowledge of the 80's and wicked mind  :D

To really put you all to the test, I need to start with asking for a bit of help. You see, there is something that has been tormenting my soul for the past five days, day and night, and I haven't had a proper night's sleep since it started. Someone asked me a question:

- What song and music video from the 80's contains a scene from a desert and there are hands with black gloves coming up from below the sand?

When he said this, I knew exactly what scene he was talking about, but...then nothing. So I have been searching, myself and the Internet for answers, but I just can't remember. And now it's almost killing me! I want to sleep! I want to get this scene out of my head once and for all! :\'(

I think I have a couple of leads to go on:

- there might be fire, flames, somewhere in this scene. Possibly in the background.
- It is not Midnight Oil's "Beds are burning", nor "Land downunder".
- the song is..."darker"...meaning not very happy...Could be something like Depech Mode...

Thanks for listening and I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone out there, might be the one to save my soul today!

Subject: Re: Desperately need your help

Written By: 80sfan on 12/20/08 at 6:50 am

Whoa, my friend, maybe the reason why you forgot is because you haven't got enough sleep.  ;)

Written By: jazzjeppe on 12/20/08 at 9:19 am

Haha, yes, so basically I would need your help even more!  ;D

Written By: Mike from Jersey on 12/20/08 at 4:31 pm

This is 91, but maybe Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden?

Check for new replies or respond here...