inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Battle of the Video Vixens: Bobbie Brown, Tawney Kitaen, or ZZ Top models

Written By: woops on 01/01/09 at 3:41 pm

Personally, Bobbie Brown (model, not confused with R&B singer) is the ulitimate 'Video Vixen' 8) :-*

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/pictures/I/4/I4O1O0.jpg

Several music videos and a "Star Search" clip
Warrant "Cherry Pie"

Hurricane "I'm Onto You"

Great White "Once Bitten, Twice Shy"

Great White "House Of Broken Love"

Bobbie Brown on "Star Search" (Foreigner's "Cold As Ice" plays during a montage of her in various outifts)

Tawney Kitaen's known for the Whitesnake videos "Here I Go Again", "Is This Love", and "Still Of The Night"
Also Ratt's "Back For More".

ZZ Top probably set the trend with three former Playboy models in their videos for "Legs", "Sharped Dressed Man", and "Gimme All Your Lovin". "Legs" is personally one of my all time favorite videos from the decade.  8)

Subject: Re: Battle of the Video Vixens: Bobbie Brown, Tawney Kitaen, or ZZ Top models

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/01/09 at 6:29 pm

Bobbie Brown gets my vote.  That girl is smokin! 

Subject: Re: Battle of the Video Vixens: Bobbie Brown, Tawney Kitaen, or ZZ Top models

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/01/09 at 7:04 pm

I guess if I had to pick one, it would be Tawny Kittaen, but...I'm probably one of the few straight guys who's never been much into the "traditionally hot chicks" like that. Personally I like the more "girl next door" types where they're not necesarilly trying to be sexual or they've got a more conservative look.

If you were going by girls in '80s music videos who I think are sexy, I like: (obviously) Paula, Amy Grant, "Lucky Star" era Madonna, Taylor Dayne, circa 1987 Janet and Whitney Houston, etc.

As far as women in videos who weren't the singers, I like the girl in "Drive" by the Cars.

Written By: whistledog on 01/01/09 at 8:06 pm

I don't care for the videos, but I had to pick Tawny Kitaen only because I used to watch her on 'The New WKRP in Cincinnati'

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/01/09 at 11:09 pm

As far as women in videos who weren't the singers, I like the girl in "Drive" by the Cars.

Her name is Paulina Porizkova, who would eventually marry Ric Ocasek in 1989. They're still together today.  :)

Written By: whistledog on 01/01/09 at 11:13 pm

Speaking of The Cars, I'll take the girl in their "Hello Again" video.  Remember who is was?  Gina Gershon 8)

Written By: woops on 01/02/09 at 12:22 am

Speaking of The Cars, I'll take the girl in their "Hello Again" video.  Remember who is was?  Gina Gershon 8)

"Drive" & "Hello Again" are great videos

Though don't know who Gina Gershon is. (I know that  Andy Warhol has a cameo in the "Hello Again" video though...)

Written By: gibbo on 01/02/09 at 4:51 am

Based on those videos it was close between Bobbie and Tawney...but I think the winner is Tawney!

Written By: Davester on 01/02/09 at 8:13 am

Get outta here, that was Gina Gershon?!  I just watched a lame movie with her in it, Bound...

Written By: Tia on 01/02/09 at 8:26 am

Personally I like the more "girl next door" types where they're not necesarilly trying to be sexual or they've got a more conservative look.
little known fact, this chick

http://www.litb.com/june1.jpg

never made a big thing out of it, but she could suck a garden hose through a golf ball. yup, you read it right.

it's fun, if you do a keyword search on june cleaver, you get this great "did-i-bake-six-blueberry-muffins-or-only-five?" picture, totally classic.

http://moonbeammcqueen.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/juneeastwood1.jpg

june sez "you only THINK you're a gangsta!"  8)

Written By: Jessica on 01/02/09 at 10:42 am

Get outta here, that was Gina Gershon?!  I just watched a lame movie with her in it, Bound...

I oughta slap the crap out of you for calling that movie lame. ;D The plot sucked, but Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly making out (and doing....ummm....other things) totally makes up for it. 8)

Oh yeah, and I picked Ms. Kitaen, even though she's an ugly old psycho hose beast now. :P

Written By: johnny5alive on 01/02/09 at 11:24 am

ZZ Top probably set the trend with three former Playboy models in their videos for "Legs

just curious how you found that out?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/02/09 at 1:56 pm

never made a big thing out of it, but she could suck a garden hose through a golf ball. yup, you read it right.

What?

Written By: Tia on 01/02/09 at 1:57 pm

What?
any run-of-the-mill sexworker could do it the other way around, but a girl who can suck a garden hose through a golf ball -- now THAT's talent. :o

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/02/09 at 2:09 pm

any run-of-the-mill sexworker could do it the other way around, but a girl who can suck a garden hose through a golf ball -- now THAT's talent. :o

Yeah...that's what I thought you said.  ???

Written By: Davester on 01/03/09 at 1:06 am

I oughta slap the crap out of you for calling that movie lame. ;D The plot sucked, but Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly making out (and doing....ummm....other things) totally makes up for it. 8)

Oh yeah, and I picked Ms. Kitaen, even though she's an ugly old psycho hose beast now. :P

Yeah, there was that part...

Ya know, almost makes a guy wish he was a woman so he could be a lesbian... :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/03/09 at 2:32 am

little known fact, this chick

http://www.litb.com/june1.jpg

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/6.gif 

Bobbie Brown was/is cute but Tawny seems to fit the title Vixen plus not only was she gorgeous, sleek & sexy in the Whitesnake video, she looked totally hot wearing garters & stockings in Bachelor Party

Check for new replies or respond here...