inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Taylor Dayne "Tell It To My Heart" music video

Written By: woops on 01/06/09 at 4:58 pm

Other than that it was Taylor Dayne's debut video/first hit, does it reminds anybody of Madonna's "Lucky Star"? Didn't really thought of it until reading YouTube comments, but somewhat agree that's it an updated version of that Madonna video since flish nets were probably out of style by 1987.

Despite that Taylor Dayne's hair at the time wasn't the best (I prefer her style from 1989/1990 better), she still looked hot in the video with the outfits,  8) :-*

Subject: Re: Taylor Dayne "Tell It To My Heart" music video

Written By: johnny5alive on 01/06/09 at 10:47 pm

it did remind me of madonna and other stuff she did also, a blatent  total rip off if you will!  i never liked her!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/09 at 11:14 pm

I love Taylor Dayne!! :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/08/09 at 7:38 pm

Her hair was gigantic in that video!  :o But nonetheless I still think it's a great song!  8)

Written By: Midas on 01/08/09 at 7:53 pm

"Tell It To My Heart" was one of the hottest if not THE hottest dance track of 1987.  I heard it all the time on Hot Mix.

Written By: Entouch on 01/08/09 at 9:25 pm

I too was a fan of Taylor Dayne despite her talent she truly was underrated. The 'Tell it to my Heart' video is reminiscent of the 'Lucky Star' video. (Most likely low budget). I thought when she first came into the scene her enthicity was ambiguous because before the video her voice sounded soulful so I didnt know if she was black or white. She never gained the popularity of Whitney, Janet or Madonna in the 80s and 90s, that's a shame because this generation doesnt know who she is. Well they still play her recordings here in New York. :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...