inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need help remembering kids audio tape

Written By: brainracker on 02/07/09 at 4:49 pm

Im 28 years old. born in 1980. i believe i was listening to this tape around age 7,8 or 9 yrs old..Im having a really hard time remembering the name of a tape i listened to ALOT when i was a kid. ill tell you all the things i remember and maybe someone out there will have listened to it as well and help me out. Its bothered me for years!! the thing is i can remember parts of this tape word for word. but im still coming up blank on what company it was from, or anything at all like that.

it was about nursery rhymes.
the narrator,a female, would talk to the listener, read a nursery rhyme,
this bell toll 3 times, once in one key and two times in a lower key.
that would signal you to turn the page.

im thinking this was an activity book/tape combo because i remember the pictures corresponding with some of the audio.

Heres some of the rhymes i remember being on the tape

baa baa black sheep
little misss muffet
hickory dickory dock
hey diddle diddle

the little miss muffet rhyme, i remember the narrator saying, "why do you suppose miss muffet was so afraid of the spider? I always thought spiders were kind of cute!" then the bell tolls. lol...
i remember the picture in the activity book had little miss muffet like a coloring page, and you had to connect the dots to see that it was a spider that frighted miss muffet.

the baa baa black sheep one, the people on the tape sang the nursery rhyme. ending it on a high note "have you any woool"

the reason i think that the diddle diddle one was on the tape was because i think i remember the activity book having a picture of a dish and spoon. I THINK.. but im not certain on that one. lol..

OH please someone help me!!
i would be soooo grateful.
im posting one more thread about another tape that i remember alot more audio too. please check it out if you think you can help me.
Thanks sooo much for any help watsoever

Subject: Re: Need help remembering kids audio tape

Written By: nally on 02/07/09 at 5:08 pm

At first I thought you might be referring to the KidSongs collection (which I think had 2 or 3 volumes)...but I don't remember any activity book with it. :-\\ Just a book containing the lyrics to each song.

Written By: snozberries on 02/07/09 at 5:15 pm

At first I thought you might be referring to the KidSongs collection (which I think had 2 or 3 volumes)...but I don't remember any activity book with it. :-\\ Just a book containing the lyrics to each song.

I was thinking Kid Songs too Jeff..... and also Wee Sing

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/11/09 at 1:33 pm

Some of it sounds familar and some doesn't - I'm sure this isn't it, but it reminds me of Sharon Lois and Bram. They did some kid-friendly songs on a few tapes...my dad got those in the late '80s (although they're actually made in 1979ish I think) and I always thought it was entertaining. I still have one today.

Written By: Davester on 02/11/09 at 5:28 pm

I think I remember those.  Maybe from grade school?  Apparently they were first released in 1965...

The sound of Tinkerbell's chime, prompting you to turn the page.  Sounds familiar...

The Disney Read-Alongs perhaps - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Read-Along

Some vintage ones on eBay - http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-4-DISNEYS-READ-ALONG-BOOKS-TAPES-1987_W0QQitemZ370042856732QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Childrens_Books

Check for new replies or respond here...