inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Friday The 13th remake

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/07/09 at 11:20 pm

I'm might be going to see it, next week in the thaetres, when it comes out.

How about evryone else?

Subject: Re: Friday The 13th remake

Written By: snozberries on 02/08/09 at 12:07 am

I'm a little annoyed...they seem to be violating the lore. Jason is not supposed to be in it!  >:(

Written By: Tia on 02/08/09 at 12:08 am

didn't they make about 560,000 friday the 13th movies already?

the first and second ones were pretty good. after that, they've all sucked. at least the ones i've seen.

Written By: snozberries on 02/08/09 at 12:18 am

didn't they make about 560,000 friday the 13th movies already?

the first and second ones were pretty good. after that, they've all sucked. at least the ones i've seen.

;D  or 10

Eleven if you count Jason vs Freddy....which kicked ass only when it came to killing off Kelly Rowland!  ;D

Written By: NbC on 02/08/09 at 5:38 am

Enough is enough!!!

But I am sure I will eventually watch it but it won't be at the theaters.  I admit that my curiosity lead me to see all the other movies. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/08/09 at 10:33 am

Enough is enough!!!

But I am sure I will eventually watch it but it won't be at the theaters.  I admit that my curiosity lead me to see all the other movies. 

to be honest....7 was my fav...its all about the sleeping bag meeting the tree  ;D 

I had to stop when they went into Outer Space tho... I mean if that wasn't the worst story idea ever!  I would have preferred to see Jason vs Alien than Jason kills a bunch of kids on a space ship

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/08/09 at 3:52 pm

I didn't like the Jason movies.  >:( It didn't help one halloween a jackass in a Jason hockey mask chased me for SIX BLOCKS while I was trick or treating.

I like the Freddy Krueger films better. I'm scared to own a waterbed,  but I love the movies.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/08/09 at 4:26 pm

I didn't like the Jason movies.  >:( It didn't help one halloween a jackass in a Jason hockey mask chased me for SIX BLOCKS while I was trick or treating.

I like the Freddy Krueger films better. I'm scared to own a waterbed,  but I love the movies.  :)

Oh I didn't know that was you!  ;) 

Seriously tho..that sucks that he would chase you!  I did go as Jason one Halloween- the fake blood smelled gross and made me sick.

So did you see the Jason vs Freddy film? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/09/09 at 12:46 am

Jason Meets the Blair Witch?
???

Written By: NbC on 02/09/09 at 4:22 am

I had to stop when they went into Outer Space tho... I mean if that wasn't the worst story idea ever!  I would have preferred to see Jason vs Alien than Jason kills a bunch of kids on a space ship

It was pretty bad. "Freeze Dried Jason"  ;D  Same story just a different setting.

Written By: Tia on 02/09/09 at 9:39 am

to be honest....7 was my fav...its all about the sleeping bag meeting the tree  ;D 
bogus! they ripped that off from the sweet sleeping-bag kill in "prophesy" (1979).  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/09 at 11:51 am

bogus! they ripped that off from the sweet sleeping-bag kill in "prophesy" (1979).  >:(

ah... I didn't see prophecy... I'll have to check it out.

Written By: Tia on 02/09/09 at 3:35 pm

ah... I didn't see prophecy... I'll have to check it out.
actually, you don't. it's pretty dreadful. but the sleeping-bag kill is truly a masterful achievement. i think it's on youtube.

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/09 at 11:21 pm

actually, you don't. it's pretty dreadful. but the sleeping-bag kill is truly a masterful achievement. i think it's on youtube.

I just watched both and I gotta say they were both equally laugh-tastic!

Written By: Tam on 02/09/09 at 11:38 pm

Can we really call it a remake?

None of the same characters are in it except for Jason and his mom.
The leads are counselors... they just go up to Crystal Lake.....

IDK - but I know I won't see it. 8-P

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/09 at 11:43 pm

heck and Jason wasn't even in the first one....well 10 year old Jason was in a flash back....and his 10 year old corpse was....but Jason as we know and love him....with the hocky mask and the machete? he didn't exist until Fr 13th II

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/13/09 at 9:51 pm

Oh I didn't know that was you!   ;) 

Seriously tho..that sucks that he would chase you!  I did go as Jason one Halloween- the fake blood smelled gross and made me sick.

So did you see the Jason vs Freddy film? 

It did suck. My mom was laughing at me. I'm not really all that scared of Jason. Jason would never kill me. You have to go to Camp Crystal Lake for him to hop out the lake or bowels of hell or wherever he's conjured from. I hate camp. I've ALWAYS hated camp and if I WON'T get stranded in the middle of nowhere because I will have an extra can and tires and tool chest in the trunk of my car. And I won't travel at night, unless I'm falling down sick and in the back of an ambulance.  ;D

Freddy does scare me. He comes for you in your dreams. Who's gonna save me? My Michael Jackson Dolls? Now THAT'S scary!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/09 at 9:55 pm

It did suck. My mom was laughing at me. I'm not really all that scared of Jason. Jason would never kill me. You have to go to Camp Crystal Lake for him to hop out the lake or bowels of hell or wherever he's conjured from. I hate camp. I've ALWAYS hated camp and if I WON'T get stranded in the middle of nowhere because I will have an extra can and tires and tool chest in the trunk of my car. And I won't travel at night, unless I'm falling down sick and in the back of an ambulance.  ;D

Freddy does scare me. He comes for you in your dreams. Who's gonna save me? My Michael Jackson Dolls? Now THAT'S scary!  :o

prior to going to outer space Jason did venture out into Manhattan....number 8 so you may have to rethink that whole he can't get me in the city position of yours!  ;D

Written By: joeman on 02/14/09 at 9:38 am

I agree with you that it did suck.  I demanded my 5 dollars back(saw it in first showing to avoid teenagers ruining the movie via screaming).

Written By: scottyb on 02/14/09 at 11:02 am

if its  remake of the first one then Jason shouldn't be in it he wasn't in the first movie except for that scene at the end on the boat first one was good but after the 3rd it got boring

Check for new replies or respond here...