inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A 1986er is Madonna's Boy Toy!

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/10/09 at 6:36 am

Jesus Loz has been hanging out with Madonna as of late and I fiind it insane for someone to be dating somebody who could literally be your mother! I think another trend I have noticed as of late is while in the '90s and early '00s, the trend was for men to date/marry women considerably younger than them, the trend over the past several years has been women seeking much younger men. But, considering what we have posted on this board on how a 1986er is really the first year that doesn't remember any part of the '80s at all (maybe a little late 1989); which means that Jesus Loz' first memories of Madonna would be around the Vogue single, and shortly after that her initial golden age ended with the Sex era. C'mon, this is ridiculous! A late-boomer dating a Y'er?

Subject: Re: A 1986er is Madonna's Boy Toy!

Written By: Midas on 02/10/09 at 8:32 am

http://uashome.alaska.edu/~LTGUTHRIE/oh%20noes.jpg

Eh, let them have their fun.  He probably keeps her feeling young.

Written By: karen on 02/10/09 at 8:40 am

I thought she was dating A-Rod?  :-\\

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/10/09 at 8:42 am

A-Rod is now under investigation for using steroids; he won't be seeing Madge ever again. What a sad turn of events for the Yankees over the past few years (unless if you HATE the Yankees!)

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/10/09 at 8:42 am

I thought of that too, but the dude could've become a fan of her early music later on too. He probably is somewhat of a fan if he's dating her. I'm only 5 years older than him and I always liked her 1983-86 music (basically the first three albums) along with a handful of other singles.

I've noticed that too about older women/younger men relationships (not in the "Stacy's Mom" way, but you know what I mean, lol). I actually think that's pretty cool and in kinda liberating since it traditionally was that couples were around the same age or the guy was older. Plus I always thought older women were cute and appealing in a way (in early high school I started liking soccer moms). ;)

On a serious note, some people rip on those "May/December" romances, and while many of them probably won't work out long term (especially if the younger one wants to have kids, or just priorities change) I think it can be a cool experience on both sides. In some ways the differences can be part of the appeal - like the older one gets to have someone to have fun and feel youthful with, and the younger one maybe feels like they've got a more mature and experienced relationship or just someone to be more serious with than someone closer to their age.

Written By: Davester on 02/11/09 at 5:35 am

He's a fan of something alright, and it ain't her music *ahem*...

Written By: Jessica on 02/11/09 at 11:16 am

Jesus Loz has been hanging out with Madonna as of late and I fiind it insane for someone to be dating somebody who could literally be your mother! I think another trend I have noticed as of late is while in the '90s and early '00s, the trend was for men to date/marry women considerably younger than them, the trend over the past several years has been women seeking much younger men. But, considering what we have posted on this board on how a 1986er is really the first year that doesn't remember any part of the '80s at all (maybe a little late 1989); which means that Jesus Loz' first memories of Madonna would be around the Vogue single, and shortly after that her initial golden age ended with the Sex era. C'mon, this is ridiculous! A late-boomer dating a Y'er?

So?

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/11/09 at 1:36 pm

He's a fan of something alright, and it ain't her music *ahem*...

He might like both though. ;)

Funny enough, her only '90s songs I like are "I'lll Remember" and "Ray of Light". Like I said I'mmore or less this dude's age and I love her first three albums (then again I did hear those songs as a little kid).

Written By: joeman on 02/11/09 at 2:50 pm

Even though Modanna is 50, she really looks good for someone her age.  I don't blame him at all.

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/09 at 11:24 pm

I thought she was dating A-Rod?  :-\\

Now she's dating A-Tool ;D

Written By: SharpshooterTom on 02/18/09 at 5:16 pm

Oh great here we go ANOTHER 1986 bash thread.

We must be the most despised people in society. PERIOD.  85ers are cool.  87ers are cool, 88ers are cool etc but no not 86ers.  We're the ones who can't remember the 80s and who have thus ruined society etc.

I'm convinced we are the most hated year group out there.  Remember all those "born before 1986" emails that everyone got?!  Why 1986??  Damnit we always get picked on.

Written By: karen on 02/18/09 at 8:49 pm

Where is the bashing?

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/09 at 8:55 pm

Actually he's right, but it's not just 1986, but the number 86 so watch out or we'll 86 you :D

Check for new replies or respond here...