inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nevermind the band name... Cinderella

Written By: woops on 03/24/09 at 8:50 pm

Posted a poll about Ratt a few months ago, and now here's another  hair band...

About Cinderella:
Started out as strictly a glam band, but evolved into a much more bluesy, melodic band in the 90's. Became MTV darlings with a string of catchy singles and successful albums. Little label or media support slowed the band down in their later years, but they continue to have a loyal following.

Members came and went during their formative years in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, including Michael Kelly Smith who would later resurface in Britny Fox. By the time Jon Bon Jovi had discovered them and recording had started for what would become Night Songs the band was comprised of Tom Keifer (vocals/guitar), Jeff LaBar (guitar), Eric Brittingham (bass) and Fred Coury (drums). Success was instant, while they toured with some of the biggest names of the era the album shot up to #3 on the charts on its way to selling over three million copies behind such hits as "Nobody's Fool" and "Somebody Save Me".

Long Cold Winter had similar success, with hits such as "Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)", "Coming Home" and "Gypsy Road", before the group got more in touch with their bluesy roots for the third album, and then the bottom fell out. Heartbreak Station sold a disappointing (for Cinderella) one million copies, and by 1993 Coury left (joining Arcade) to be replaced by Kevin Valentine whom would himself leave half way through recording sessions for Still Climbing to make room for Ray Brinker. The group called it a day in 1995 and went their separate ways without much fanfare.

The original band reformed in 1998 for the Unfinished Business tour and released a couple live albums. They continue to tour to this very day, but rumored new material has yet to come forward. In 2004 LaBar and Brittingham formed Naked Beggars while Keifer began work on a solo album as well as recording with American Idol alumni Bo Bice. Down, but never out, Cinderella will be sure to usher in the new wave of hard rock.

Music Videos and performances 8)

"Shake Me"
"Nobody's Fool"
"Somebody Save Me"
"Once Around A Ride" (live)
"Night Songs" & "Push Push" (live)
"Don't Know What You Got ('Til It's Gone)"
"The Last Mile"
"Coming Home"
"Gypsy Road"
"Bad Seamstress Blues" (from Moscow Music Peace Festival)
"Heartbreak Station"
"Shelter Me"
"The More Things Change" (live)

The drummer Fred Coury produced the song "Already Gone" for an artist I won't mentioned since it's frowned upon on the board

"Don't Know What You Got...", "Gypsy Road", and "Shake Me"  8)

Subject: Re: Nevermind the band name... Cinderella

Written By: johnny5alive on 03/24/09 at 10:07 pm

remember seeing the video for nobodys fool!  thats the only song by them ive heard!  i do like it though!

Written By: Midas on 03/25/09 at 1:43 pm

"Shake Me", "Nobody's Fool" and "Gypsy Road"

We have quite a few Cinderella tracks on Renegade Retro O0

Written By: Davester on 03/25/09 at 11:56 pm

They were good to go...I compared Tom Kiefer's voice to Brian Johnson's.  Long, Cold Winter (w/ Bullet Boys & Winger) was one of the few concerts I've attended...

Left them after LCW...

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/09 at 12:51 am

Don't Know What You Got (Til It's Gone) was mediocre, but I can't say as I was ever a fan.  I just couldn't get past the band name.  When you hear Cinderella, you think teen pop music princesses, not heavy metal rockers LOL

Written By: woops on 03/29/09 at 10:32 pm

The video for "Shake Me" is classic  8)

Written By: anabel on 03/29/09 at 10:39 pm

I remember seeing them open for Bon Jovi!  :)

Written By: midnite on 03/30/09 at 9:21 pm

Hey, they are from New Jersey!!!!!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...