inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please help me identify this song

Written By: MightyLemonDrop on 04/28/09 at 3:23 pm

They played it the other day on the radio, but there's little I remember about it now:

It was 80's, a very nice ballad. The voice was very similar to the lead singer in Spandau Ballet (maybe it was them??), but it was accompanied by a bluesy electric guitar, and I remember this singer saying once "I don't believe in fairy tales".

Any help appreciated.

Subject: Re: Please help me identify this song

Written By: Tam on 04/28/09 at 3:31 pm

Not 80's - but it fits...

Saga - I walk with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDkhpjsEOe8

Written By: MightyLemonDrop on 04/28/09 at 4:48 pm

hmmmmm, this song sounds very similar and it's a beautiful song indeed, but I'm quite sure it's not the one I'm searching for. The guitar sounded more electric, not that acoustic (I even checked the original version besides the acoustic one of the video). The voice was that style though.

Written By: whistledog on 04/28/09 at 4:58 pm

The song 'It Takes Two' by Seduction fits that lyric you mention, and it was a hit, but I don't know if it matches.  They were a girl group as I recall

Written By: Frank on 04/28/09 at 5:26 pm

There was a song by Russ Ballard in the late 70's or early 80's with the title "I don't believe in miracles"
Which he repeats a few times during the song. Is that it?

Written By: MightyLemonDrop on 04/29/09 at 12:15 pm

It's not that one by Russ Ballard, and it's definitely not the song by Seduction. The singer is a man whose voice is very similar to the lead singer of Spandau Ballet.

Check for new replies or respond here...