inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Mystery Cartoon

Written By: AnthonyDurrant on 05/23/09 at 1:41 pm

There was an animated public service announcement I should like to be put up at this site.  It involves a cute little doll in a toy soldier's uniform who is teased and taunted by the other toys because she doesn't have any joints, which would allow her to move.  This doll desperately wishes for joints, and on Christmas Eve, her wish comes true and she is given joints.  Her first words are, "I can move"

What follows this setup is the most amazing song sequence I have ever seen in a Saturday Morning educational cartoon from that period, because it was filmed in live action and features a song called "Dig Those Crazy Joints."  The doll was portrayed by a dancer in a toy soldier's uniform, who did a jointed dance that showed off all of her joints, including her neck.

The cartoon returns to animation for the conclusion, in which the doll is purchased by the mother of a little girl who takes her home with her; the owner of the toy store can't understand why the doll is now a happy doll with joints.

Subject: Re: A Mystery Cartoon

Written By: AnthonyDurrant on 05/27/09 at 3:11 pm

Here are the lyrics of the song:

Dig those joints, dig those joints,
Dig those cray-ay-zee joints!

Written By: humaeast on 08/24/15 at 6:49 pm

"I can move"...seriously, I'm having Bride of Pinbot flashbacks here. "I can speak."

I remember this too, WHAT THE HECK WAS THE CARTOON CALLED?

Written By: humaeast on 11/11/16 at 2:48 pm

It involves a cute little doll in a toy soldier's uniform

The doll was portrayed by a dancer in a toy soldier's uniform

By any chance did it look like Solid Snake's uniform?

Written By: humaeast on 06/21/20 at 8:37 pm

By any chance did it look like Solid Snake's uniform?

LOL this
Yes, Solid Snake is a soldier. But the outfit isn't gonna look like his!

now I want to see him in camo...

Check for new replies or respond here...