inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pepsi Commercial Michael Jackson's hair in flames

Written By: Entouch on 07/16/09 at 12:46 pm

By now I think alot of you have seen the footage of Michael Jackson's hair on fire by now. I had no idea at the time  the seriousness of his injury. They only seemed tro show Micheal coming down the stairs from the front and the still pictures back in the day.  My god he was still dancing and his hair was ablaze until felt the pain, they say that triggered his addiction to painkillers and more plastic surgery.  Who knows really?  Why release this now? I have a feeling this is just the beginning of unseen footage of Michael Jackson .

Subject: Re: Pepsi Commercial Michael Jackson's hair in flames

Written By: 80sfan on 07/16/09 at 12:59 pm

Michael Jackson is a mystery. We'll never figure him all out.  :P

Written By: whistledog on 07/16/09 at 1:50 pm

They chronicled his injury in that TV Movie they did about the Jacksons.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/16/09 at 5:29 pm

Wel another chapter of my life is closed. I've been wanting to see that footage since I was 12. I know it might sound a little macabe, but I've always wondered about it. And now to have seen it, incomparison to the Jacksons movie, the portrayal was kind of off.

I mean Wylie Draper--MJ in the movie--rolled down the steps and hit the floor. Michael, the true star that he is, kept danced and danced the flame out. Remarkable. I had read accounts of it but to really see it. Gosh. I feel bad that Michael had to suffer like that, but I am happy that he was able to live another full 25 years. And whether that jumped off an addiction or not, I truly don't care.

Michael was human and not perfect--though his dancing WAS--and he is entitled to make mistakes. It's what makes him real.

Check for new replies or respond here...