inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Character from the TV Series Fame...

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/09 at 10:55 pm

I'm feeling generous... plus its a really long list. If I forgot your fave I am sorry I named as many as I could...

I did not include Jimmy Osmond because he was just in the one episode.

Everyone I mentioned was in several eps.... sure Jasmine Guy didn't have any lines (that I can recall) but I love that she was in it so I included her!  :)

feel free to discuss  your favorite eps. Songs, scenes, whatever... as well.

Subject: Re: Favorite Character from the TV Series Fame...

Written By: robby76 on 07/16/09 at 11:17 pm

My votes went to Lydia and Danny.

I keep meaning to get the first season on dvd. Now it seems they're re-releasing it along with season 2 in a whole new package.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fame-Seasons-1-and-2/12295

My most memorable episode is from season 1 "Come One, Come All", but that's mainly cos we taped it off tv at the time and had it on vhs for many many years.

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/09 at 11:21 pm

Coco, Doris and Nicole were my favs.

I know people probably expected me to go with Janet but I didn't like her character so I chose Michael De Lorenzo because I'd always thought he was hot and I was happy when they finally gave him lines... and Jasmine Guy because I spent a hell of a lot of time looking for her in syndication runs after I started watching Different World  ;D

My favorite songs are StarMaker and Reach for a Dream.

My favorite ep is the one where Danny wants to do stand up and his dad is against it. The kids all sing Step Up to Mike to support him!

Written By: whistledog on 07/17/09 at 9:03 am

Danny, Nicole and Julie were my choices.  Lori Singer and Nia Peeples were hot! 

I remember one of those Kids from Fame concerts, Carlo Imperato singing Billy Joel's 'Tell Her About It'.  He did a pretty good version.

Written By: snozberries on 07/17/09 at 11:11 am

Danny, Nicole and Julie were my choices.  Lori Singer and Nia Peeples were hot! 

I remember one of those Kids from Fame concerts, Carlo Imperato singing Billy Joel's 'Tell Her About It'.  He did a pretty good version.

I loved those concerts they did two. One first or second season and then another one when Janet was in the cast. I Loved that because she sang Don't Stand Another Chance off of her album. 

I hope they include the first concert on the new DVD.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/18/09 at 12:48 pm

I must have stopped watching after season 2, I don't really remember alot of the "newer" episodes. 

I really liked most of the original cast, hard to choose just five out of them.  lol  I finally picked Carlos, Valerie, Shorofsky, Bruno, and the English teacher.  I'm not sure why I picked any of them, just liked some of the scenes I remember them being in.  I loved Coca, but she was always so focused on being a star outside of highschool, I was never really sure why she bothered going to the school in the first place.  She was always pushing Bruno too.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/09 at 12:58 pm

I must have stopped watching after season 2, I don't really remember alot of the "newer" episodes. 

I really liked most of the original cast, hard to choose just five out of them.  lol  I finally picked Carlos, Valerie, Shorofsky, Bruno, and the English teacher.   I'm not sure why I picked any of them, just liked some of the scenes I remember them being in.  I loved Coca, but she was always so focused on being a star outside of highschool, I was never really sure why she bothered going to the school in the first place.  She was always pushing Bruno too.   ;D

coco needed her resume to read that she attended the School of the Arts  ;)  Plus, with all those future composers, producers and directors there, she totally needed to network with them .... just in case!  :D 

BTW- two of my favorite Coco songs are Be Your Own Hero and Bet Your Life its me... one of my all time favorite scenes is between her and Debbie Allen. The duet/dance they do after they both fail to land the role they each auditioned for.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luqjWQj24D4&feature=related

I really loved everyone I listed - except Julie- I hated Lori Singer's character. Midwest girl in the big city- its so cliche....plus the school of the arts was such a different dynamic than say- regular New York so that just made it worse.  I think the film captured this better with Doris- you know sheltered jewish kid in the middle of this fishbowl trying to find her creativity, independence and identity....

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/09 at 1:03 pm

I also love this scene.... remember when the principal or school superintendent or something was balking because the school of the arts didn't have a phys ed program  and Lydia said we don't need one because we have dance class...and the guy laughed-

then he brought it a football team to see how the dancers held up against his athletes!    ::)

Please do enjoy!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p86xGJ8V0To  same video but one kept stalling on me so here's an alternate just in case you have the same prob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3aCAMRjuBM&feature=PlayList&p=68C164005258135D&index=0&playnext=1

watch for Jasmine Guy!   8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/18/09 at 1:11 pm

coco needed her resume to read that she attended the School of the Arts  ;)  Plus, with all those future composers, producers and directors there, she totally needed to network with them .... just in case!  :D 

Ah...that makes sense.  
Thanks for explaining it to me.  

BTW- one of my all time favorite scenes is between her and Debbie Allen. The duet/dance they do after they both fail to land the role they each auditioned for.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luqjWQj24D4&feature=related

That's one of my favorites of all too.  I was just watching that on youtube the other night.  Also a concert version of them in Israel.

I really loved everyone I listed - except Julie- I hated Lori Singer's character. Midwest girl in the big city- its so cliche....plus the school of the arts was such a different dynamic than say- regular New York so that just made it worse.   I think the film captured this better with Doris- you know sheltered jewish kid in the middle of this fishbowl trying to find her creativity, independence and identity....

Yeah I never liked Julie either, even though she was supposed to represent me (a mid-western girl) although she came from money and was a bit snooty and clueless.  Lori just seemed to be so wooden in that roll.

I adored Valerie.  I felt like her alot.  And she was a really good singer (or at least they gave her alot of good songs.)

Written By: snozberries on 07/18/09 at 1:18 pm

Ah...that makes sense.  
Thanks for explaining it to me.  
That's one of my favorites of all too.  I was just watching that on youtube the other night.  Also a concert version of them in Israel.
did I mention I hope the concert footage is offered on the new dvd?  man I really really hope so!!!!

Yeah I never liked Julie either, even though she was supposed to represent me (a mid-western girl) although she came from money and was a bit snooty and clueless.  Lori just seemed to be so wooden in that roll.

that would be every role Lori Singer has ever done.....ever  ;)

I adored Valerie.  I felt like her alot.  And she was a really good singer (or at least they gave her alot of good songs.)

this one is her best!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_g8aDRMpqU

Check for new replies or respond here...