inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Golden Girls--HELP!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/03/09 at 5:46 pm

Hi Everybody!

I  love the show the Golden Girls and I am looking for the name of one of the actresses that guested on the show. (not the main four...) It was a little lady that played Sophia's sister Angela from Sicily. Every time I try to hunt down the name, my Internet gets crazy.

If someone could find the name of the actress for me, I'd gladly KARMA you.

Thanks so much.  :)

Subject: Re: The Golden Girls--HELP!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/03/09 at 5:59 pm

Hi Everybody!

I  love the show the Golden Girls and I am looking for the name of one of the actresses that guested on the show. (not the main four...) It was a little lady that played Sophia's sister Angela from Sicily. Every time I try to hunt down the name, my Internet gets crazy.

Thanks so much.  :)

you should get help from our own Golden Girls guru...80sTrivMeister  he's authored a book or 2 on the girls

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/09 at 6:26 pm

Hi Everybody!

I  love the show the Golden Girls and I am looking for the name of one of the actresses that guested on the show. (not the main four...) It was a little lady that played Sophia's sister Angela from Sicily. Every time I try to hunt down the name, my Internet gets crazy.

Thanks so much.  :)

wasn't it Nancy Walker?  from Rhoda and MacMillian and Wife?

Oh yeah... and she directed Can't Stop the Music starring the Village People!!!! I love that movie!!!!

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 08/03/09 at 6:31 pm

you should get help from our own Golden Girls guru...80sTrivMeister   he's authored a book or 2 on the girls

Thank you!!! :)

But Snozberries already beat me to the punch... it was definitely Nancy Walker that played Sophia's sister Angela! Nancy also played Rosie in the old Bounty paper towel commercials!

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/09 at 6:31 pm

Nancy also played Rosie in the old Bounty paper towel commercials!

http://www.tvacres.com/images/rosie_pin.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/09 at 6:33 pm

Thank you!!! :)

But Snozberries already beat me to the punch... it was definitely Nancy Walker that played Sophia's sister Angela! Nancy also played Rosie in the old Bounty paper towel commercials!

sorry....its cool about your books tho. I see the link in your sig line but didn't realize you wrote them.

Have you written any others?

Written By: Womble on 08/03/09 at 9:03 pm

I loved Nancy Walker as Angela.  Alot of you old school TV fans will also know her as Rhoda's mother, but to me, Angela was her best role.  The way her and Sophia were always at odds with each other and contant with the wisecracks was awesome!

I also liked her as Nancy Blansky in the short-lived 70's sit-com "Blansky's Beauties". In it she played the "House-Mother" to a group of aspiring dancing girls.

Written By: gibbo on 08/03/09 at 11:00 pm

I loved Nancy Walker as Angela.  Alot of you old school TV fans will also know her as Rhoda's mother, but to me, Angela was her best role.  The way her and Sophia were always at odds with each other and contant with the wisecracks was awesome!

She was great in MacMillan and Wife...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/04/09 at 12:54 am

sorry....its cool about your books tho. I see the link in your sig line but didn't realize you wrote them.

Have you written any others?

He wrote one on Madonna, and also (at least one) 80s trivia (hence his name, possibly?) and one 90s trivia book(s).  Might be some more I'm forgetting. If so, sorry Michael.  :-*

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/04/09 at 11:26 am

I found out that Quntin Tarentino, guest starred on the show, as an Elvis impersonator.

He was the one, in the gold outfit, in the back role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT9cCsjIuYU&feature=related

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/04/09 at 7:21 pm

KARMA all around!

Thanks so much for all your input guys. I've wanted to know who that woman was for the longest. She was the perfect casting as Sophia's sister. I'd have sworn they were really related. (I always wondered what the casting call looked like when they were looking for an actress. )  :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/04/09 at 7:58 pm

KARMA all around!

Thanks so much for all your input guys. I've wanted to know who that woman was for the longest. She was the perfect casting as Sophia's sister. I'd have sworn they were really related. (I always wondered what the casting call looked like when they were looking for an actress. )  :)

considering Nancy Walker was so well known and, as you say looked perfect for the role... they might have just contacted her agent directly... no casting call. 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/04/09 at 8:43 pm

considering Nancy Walker was so well known and, as you say looked perfect for the role... they might have just contacted her agent directly... no casting call. 

You might be right Snoz.  ;D

Hmm...I wonder if I "fit" the role for any shows. LOL.

Written By: snozberries on 08/04/09 at 8:59 pm

You might be right Snoz.  ;D

Hmm...I wonder if I "fit" the role for any shows. LOL.

just remember if you do and you become famous you owe me a photo op for my collection!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...