inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Some really sad news.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/06/09 at 7:49 pm

I hate posting sad news, at any given time, especially when it's unexpected, really unexpected.....

One of the best film directors from the 80's, John Hughes, passed away recently.

While I was at a store buying a DVD, the topic of celebrities who reclusive, and have ended their careers, at the drop of a hat, had come up.

One of the names, I mentioned, way up there with J.D. Salinger and Howard Hughes, was John Hughes.

I alway thought that it was intriguing, that guy who had a stream of one film, after another during the 80's and the 90's, suddedly stopped making films.

Sure, he had written films, and for all purposes, of his last films, was the box office bomb, Curly Sue.

We will probally never know, why he stopped directing all together, but he did make some really great films, that really connected, with alot of people.

Oddly enough, of the last DVDs, that I bought revently, was Some Kind of Wonderful, a film that he wrote awhile.

Rest in peace, John, you will be sadly missed by all.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41966

Subject: Re: Some really sad news.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/07/09 at 1:50 pm

By the way, one of my favorite John Hughes films, would have to be Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/07/09 at 10:36 pm

He was a genius. No one will surpass him when it comes to teen movies!  :\'(

Written By: 90steen on 08/08/09 at 5:12 pm

R.I.P.

I grew up watching his movies. The Breakfast Club was my favorite.

Written By: Joe G on 08/10/09 at 8:54 am

He connected with us all too well.  I was just as sad not to find any Hughes movie marathons on cable.  It was like the passing of a really cool uncle.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/13/09 at 7:19 pm

This blog, perfectly sums up everything.

http://wellknowwhenwegetthere.blogspot.com/2009/08/sincerely-john-hughes.html

Check for new replies or respond here...