inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Heathers, the TV series?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/29/09 at 1:49 pm

Apparently, it's in the pipe line...

::)

Considering how contaversial the film was, especially with the Columbine shooting, how in the name of Christian Slater, are they gonna make the show?

???

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2009/08/27/classic-80s-high-school-flick-heathers-to-be-remade-into-a-tv-series-weve-got-casting-ideas/

As someone said in the film.....

" Well, **** me gently with a chainsaw."

Subject: Re: Heathers, the TV series?

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/29/09 at 9:15 pm

Heathers without murder and teen suicide would be a remake of Square Pegs.  Not a bad show, but not worthy of the name Heathers.

And although it was one of the best lines from the movie, leave the Rule 34 call on "Winona Ryder, a loss prevention employee, and Home Depot" out of it :)

Written By: 90steen on 08/30/09 at 11:18 am

I would like to see how this word turn out, seeing how Heathers was my favorite movie from the day it was released on VHS in '89. I'm pointing out that the new cast is nowhere near as good looking as Winona, Christian, and Shannen.

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 5:11 pm

Heathers without murder and teen suicide would be a remake of Square Pegs.  Not a bad show, but not worthy of the name Heathers.

And although it was one of the best lines from the movie, leave the Rule 34 call on "Winona Ryder, a loss prevention employee, and Home Depot" out of it :)

not even that... in this day and age its more than likely gonna go the way of The Hills and Gossip Girl...  ::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/01/09 at 10:59 pm

not even that... in this day and age its more than likely gonna go the way of The Hills and Gossip Girl...  ::)

If it encourages people to see the real film.  Maybe then.  Then we could have a wave, a wave of self-awareness amongst hollywood producers. 

"We, the undersigned, as minions of FOX, Universal, ABNBCBS, ignored for years in favor of vapid remakes and reality shows, do hereby..."

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/02/09 at 9:25 am

If it encourages people to see the real film.  Maybe then.  Then we could have a wave, a wave of self-awareness amongst hollywood producers. 

"We, the undersigned, as minions of FOX, Universal, ABNBCBS, ignored for years in favor of vapid remakes and reality shows, do hereby..."

That would be great....

Check for new replies or respond here...