inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: '80s-themed restaurants are starting to open up

Written By: yelimsexa on 09/10/09 at 9:40 pm

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3465/3372617165_d27404f026.jpg?v=0- in North Vancouver, BC

I hope more open up soon! (I guess BTTF Part II may be predicting something right from it's Cafe '80s!) It's much more appropriate in a post-Michael Jackson world as well (similar to all of the '50s-themed places that opened up in the years following Elvis Presley's death). I would love to see vintage newspapers, magazines, a big boombox with cassette player, Atari/NES games, and an Apple II computer with large floppy disks!

Subject: Re: '80s-themed restaurants are starting to open up

Written By: Davester on 09/10/09 at 10:01 pm

I can't imagine what an 80s themed restaurant would even look like.  For that matter I don't think restaurants in the 80s looked like 80s restaurants.  Perhaps more browns and oranges and faux wood paneling...

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 09/11/09 at 4:30 am

I think an 80s-themed restaurant would be a blast!  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/11/09 at 10:06 am

I agree!

Written By: 90steen on 09/11/09 at 4:04 pm

I'm interested in a description of what an 80's themed restaurant would look like. I have an idea, but...

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/11/09 at 7:23 pm

I'd go to one of those restaurants, too!  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/11/09 at 7:54 pm

We have a very small cafe here in Pittsburgh called "The 80s cafe".  Menu items fall under the following catagories: Mork and Mindy Munchies, (and other ones I can't quite remember right now).  There is a non-working Galaga video arcade machine up front and the walls are splatter painted with neon colored paint.  Also several 80s record albums (and their covers) are tacked up on the wall.  It's a nice idea, but I might have gone even further with the theme.  lol

Written By: johnny5alive on 09/11/09 at 10:05 pm

some how im thinking of the 80's cafe in back to the future 2 i think it was!  lol!

Written By: snozberries on 09/12/09 at 8:37 pm

I can't imagine what an 80s themed restaurant would even look like.  For that matter I don't think restaurants in the 80s looked like 80s restaurants.  Perhaps more browns and oranges and faux wood paneling...

I'm thinking more new age. Lots of neon colors. And paint splattered walls.

Written By: snozberries on 09/12/09 at 8:39 pm

We have a very small cafe here in Pittsburgh called "The 80s cafe".  Menu items fall under the following catagories: Mork and Mindy Munchies, (and other ones I can't quite remember right now).  There is a non-working Galaga video arcade machine up front and the walls are splatter painted with neon colored paint.  Also several 80s record albums (and their covers) are tacked up on the wall.  It's a nice idea, but I might have gone even further with the theme.  lol

score on the neon colors and splatter paint ;D

Written By: 90steen on 09/12/09 at 10:02 pm

score on the neon colors and splatter paint ;D

reminds me of one of my brother and sister's yearbooks. The front cover and splatter paint on it with the words "razzle dazzle"

Seeing as how I was 7 years old when they got it I thought it was really cool.

Written By: woops on 09/13/09 at 2:35 pm

Waitresses dressed IN '80's fashion  8)

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/09 at 3:39 pm

Waitresses dressed IN '80's fashion  8)

better yet.... celeb impersonators so you could be served by Madonna, Springsteen, Idol or Boy George  ;D

Written By: Davester on 09/13/09 at 4:05 pm

Ah okay.  We're talking about eighties themes as opposed to restaurants featuring period specific decor, furnishings and appliances.  Heck, hang a few John Hughes posters on the wall and throw on a Sheila E. CD and I could turn my living room into an eighties themed restaurant...

Check for new replies or respond here...