inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sweet Valley High maybe heading to the big screen.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/23/09 at 7:52 am

Apparently, the series maybe adapted into a film, pretty soon.

So SVH fans, is great news, or not so great news?

???

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/sep/23/diablo-cody-sweet-valley-high

Subject: Re: Sweet Valley High maybe heading to the big screen.

Written By: Tam on 09/23/09 at 12:27 pm

I fixed the link for you Jamie! ;)

And if Diablo Cody is script writing this one then I will definitely see it. She is a brilliant writer to be sure.
Unfortunately, I didn't read any of the books, nor did I watch the tv show - but I am a Diablo Cldy Fan! 8)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/23/09 at 5:13 pm

I fixed the link for you Jamie! ;)

And if Diablo Cody is script writing this one then I will definitely see it. She is a brilliant writer to be sure.
Unfortunately, I didn't read any of the books, nor did I watch the tv show - but I am a Diablo Cldy Fan! 8)

Thanks, Tam!

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/24/09 at 7:13 pm

I read many books in the "Sweet Valley High" series in elementary and junior high school years, but didn't watch the TV show.

Not sure how I feel about a big screen version yet. 

Written By: Fairee07 on 09/29/09 at 6:40 pm

I rember them being so popular among the 6th-8th graders in the late 80s/early 90s. I read these books as well as the Sweet Valley Twins but I was more into the Babysitters Club.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/29/09 at 10:53 pm

I read alot of them, then I read them again when I became a YA (young adult) librarian.  I did see a few of the tv episodes.

It should be interesting to see a movie, although it's been so long that it'll be totally new stuff for today's YA audiance.  They are more into gossip girl and reality series rather then 80s teen literature.

Check for new replies or respond here...