inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Finding 1980's cable short film name

Written By: vsolrac on 09/25/09 at 8:09 am

I posted this on one of the other section here but didn't get much attention. So, maybe someone here will recognize the movie...

Back in the 1980's, HBO or Showtime would insert short films in between feature films. Sort of like filler so feature films could start at the half hour or hour.
I am looking for information on one of these short films. You feeling up to the challenge?

Sci-Fi related. It dealt with an earth like world where a person was born with a predetermined number of years to live. As I remember it, one's deeds during said life could either add or remove years. The main story dealt with one individual who had an opportunity to GIVE some of his "time" to someone else -a loved one. A parent, I think. This giving was a big deal -like, not easily done and requiring some sort of government approval.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks... a lot for any assistance. Believe it or not but this has been driving me crazy for years. The film really impacted me. Although, sadly, not enough to remember the film's name.  :-\\

Thanks again.
Cheers.

Subject: Re: Finding 1980's cable short film name

Written By: karen on 09/25/09 at 8:11 am

Can you remember any of the actors in it?  Where was the film set?

Written By: anabel on 09/25/09 at 8:13 am

Sorry, It doesn't sound familiar to me, but I bet Michael will know!  I will send him this way tonight so he can check it out for ya!  :)

Written By: vsolrac on 09/25/09 at 11:35 am

Can you remember any of the actors in it?  Where was the film set?

Hi! I wish I could remember more. I doubt there were any known actors in it -at least not well know at that time. And since it was a Sci-Fi type movie, the setting was more fictional than real. So setting wouldn't help either.

???

Check for new replies or respond here...