inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's made for TV movie

Written By: layra96 on 10/10/09 at 11:38 pm

I have been racking my brain trying to remember the name of this Made for TV movie that involved space travel.  Okay so here is what a remember, they open the movie on Earth and you see two kids(late teens early twenties) walking around and it starts to rain and everyone has to wear some breathing devices, they help this old lady who is having issues her self. I remember next these two kids and several others find out they were chosen to participate on a mission to explore a far off planet to see if it will support human life. During the trip they have to go into statis every once in a while. The encounter some old radio waves and they kids dance to the music, one of the kids is in a coma, they encounter someone who was supposed to be dead.

This movie was just all kinds of neat but I can't remember the name of it and it is driving me EFFING crazy!!!! Help if you can remember the name or have an idea of what I am talking about.  ;D

Subject: Re: 80's made for TV movie

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/12/09 at 9:36 pm

I'm gonna go with Earth Star Voyager, a 1988 Disney 2-part made-for-TV movie, involving a recon/colonization mission to a nearby star, motivated by an environmental disaster on Earth.  The IMDB entry for Earthstar Voyager also mentions "catching up to radio broadcasts". 

If I'm right, not only is trailer for the movie available on YouTube, but now that you know what to look for, you may find some other interesting things out there.  Enjoy! :)

Subject: Re: 80's made for TV movie

Written By: layra96 on 10/13/09 at 8:46 pm

Foo Bar you are the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap this has been driving me crazy for I don't know how long! It is totally the one I was talking about, now I will have to spend alot of time on YouTube watching it! Thanks a million!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Check for new replies or respond here...