inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tribute to the 80's Song

Written By: 80zGirl on 10/19/09 at 7:20 pm

Hello,
I grew up in the 80's. My Junior High and High School years were flooded with fluorescent sweatshirts, fabric miniskirts with legwarmers, MTV and big hair.
If I could go back tomorrow, I would! I wrote a song commemorating this awesome time in history. I wanted to share it with the rest of us who have become nostaligic-most of us in our late 30's or around there. So please let me know if this song brings you back to the greatest period of time.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=999041&songID=8195715

Thanks!
Michelle
It is called I Woke Up in the 80's. It was done on a home recording studio and a keyboard.

Subject: Re: Tribute to the 80's Song

Written By: Red Ant on 10/20/09 at 3:40 am

Welcome to the forum, Michelle!

Pretty good song you have there. imho, there is a bit too much effect (chorus, flanger?) on your voice - you sound like you have a good voice, too. The keyboard track is really good. Great recording for a home studio, 4/5 stars!

Ant

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/20/09 at 2:23 pm

Welcome to the group, Michelle!  By the way, great song!

Written By: Midas on 10/22/09 at 1:44 pm

Welcome Michelle!  Digging the tune.

Written By: Chasey on 10/25/09 at 7:29 am

Love it!  When's the release date?  ;)

Written By: 80zGirl on 10/28/09 at 9:22 am

Thank you so much for your positive comments. I have no idea now what to do with that song though. I have been sitting on it for 3 years, not knowing how to get it out there. Does anyone have any ideas? I have gotten pretty good feedback from many people, but still if I can't get it out there, it's not going anywhere.
Thanks!
Michelle

Check for new replies or respond here...