inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Desperately seeking a song

Written By: Paultx on 10/23/09 at 2:30 pm

My bad memory makes me think it's a Jim Diamond or PhD song. And I'm not sure it's really from the 80's--maybe from late 70's... I need your help with this one. I beg someone here to listen to a hum-hum-hum-hum file I'll record and upload to somewhere, so they can try to identify the song.

Would you kindly please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Subject: Re: Desperately seeking a song

Written By: karen on 10/23/09 at 3:43 pm

Do you know any of the lyrics?

Written By: Paultx on 10/23/09 at 4:15 pm

Do you know any of the lyrics?
No... My bad memory only flashes a beginning like "I don't know it for...", then something in the middle goes like "living alone I try to...", then "and be happy forever..." and that's all.

Written By: gibbo on 10/23/09 at 5:38 pm

So...where's the sound file?

Written By: karen on 10/23/09 at 8:32 pm

I think he's still looking for a site that hosts little clips.

Written By: Paultx on 10/23/09 at 10:02 pm

Huahahahahaha!!! I just found my notebook has no mike. Tomorrow (or after) I'll record that hum-hum-hum-hum file with the desktop PC which has one. And, please, forgive me beforehand for being off-key. I'll send it to RapidShare. Just wait.

Written By: gibbo on 10/23/09 at 10:41 pm

Huahahahahaha!!! I just found my notebook has no mike. Tomorrow (or after) I'll record that hum-hum-hum-hum file with the desktop PC which has one. And, please, forgive me beforehand for being off-key. I'll send it to RapidShare. Just wait.

This is your big shot...you might be discovered!  ;D

Written By: Henk on 10/24/09 at 1:54 am

With the little information I have so far, I'll give it a shot and say... Boulevard - Dan Byrd.

It appears to be a 1984 song, although I'd never heard (of) it until now. I wouldn't be greatly disappointed if I'm miles off... ;)

Written By: peetee. on 10/24/09 at 2:28 pm

The song is probably

All By Myself By Nillson

Try Loos lyrics for the complete story.....

Written By: Paultx on 10/25/09 at 11:13 am

Here's the file with what I can remember of the song's melody. If you have any software or other way to make my voice sound better and to avoid damage to your ears, please, use it! =)

http://rapidshare.com/files/297747110/Unknown_song.mp3

Written By: BrandyBlue on 10/25/09 at 7:32 pm

So I guess you will be looking for a male vocalist.  Is it heavily synth, heavily guitar, or any other clue you might think of?  It's not grabbing me quite yet...

Written By: Paultx on 10/26/09 at 1:53 pm

So I guess you will be looking for a male vocalist.  Is it heavily synth, heavily guitar, or any other clue you might think of?  It's not grabbing me quite yet...
Sorry, I can hardly remember the lyrics and the melody, let alone sound details... What I can tell you is the singer's voice still "sounds" like Jim Diamond, as I said in the first post here.

Written By: karen on 10/26/09 at 2:02 pm

Sorry, I can hardly remember the lyrics and the melody, let alone sound details... What I can tell you is the singer's voice still "sounds" like Jim Diamond, as I said in the first post here.

Have you looked at the youtube vid "Beetlejuice" posted?

Or the suggestion from peetee.  Though I think they mean Eric Carmen not Nilsson.  :-\\

Written By: Paultx on 10/26/09 at 2:05 pm

Have you looked at the youtube vid "Beetlejuice" posted?
Or the suggestion from peetee.  Though I think they mean Eric Carmen not Nilsson.  :-\\
None of them is the song I seek. Now with the sound file I uploaded I though it could be easier, but it seems that it's not...  :\'(

Written By: karen on 10/26/09 at 2:12 pm

None of them is the song I seek. Now with the sound file I uploaded I though it could be easier, but it seems that it's not...  :\'(

It did sound familiar to me, but not enough that I could easily identify it.

Don't give up hope yet.

Written By: Henk on 10/26/09 at 3:47 pm

None of them is the song I seek.

Well, it was just a stab in the dark from me.

Now with the sound file I uploaded I though it could be easier, but it seems that it's not...  :\'(

Sorry, but it doesn't sound familiar to me at all. Mind you, that may be just a case of bad memory on my behalf. ;)

Written By: Paultx on 10/30/09 at 8:55 am

Thank y'all, guys. I'll try some QbH stuff too.

Check for new replies or respond here...