inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Question About the Cosby Show

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/02/09 at 6:51 pm

Hi Everyone!

I am a big fan of the Cosby show and the Huxtables, but there's one thing I never understood. I know in the mid-80s there was an episode where Elvin had proposed to Sondra, but I never actually saw a wedding for them. Was a wedding episode ever shot or what. It seems like they jumped right form the engagement to the birth of thier twins Winnie and Nelson...Was there a wedding ep or not?

Thank you!

Subject: Re: Question About the Cosby Show

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/09 at 7:00 pm

Don't recall an actual wedding ep but one of my favorite eps is called "call of the wild"

Sondra and Elvin return from their honeymoon to announce that they have decided to not follow their career choices in order to open a wilderness store. Phylicia rashard delivers one of my favorite lines ever.

There's also an ep where cliff & Claire go see them at their crappy first apt. This is before they had the twins. 

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/09 at 8:15 pm

It's been so long, I don't remember how it came to be that Sondra and Elvin did get married, but I do remember there was no episode that showed a wedding

Interesting fact:  Before Sondra met Elvin, there was an episode where Cliff introduced her to a guy played by Joseph C. Phillips.  That actor would go on to play Martin, Denise's husband.  I know with Denise and Martin, there was no wedding as Denise married him while in Africa and upon coming home, made it a surprise.

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/09 at 1:45 am

It's been so long, I don't remember how it came to be that Sondra and Elvin did get married, but I do remember there was no episode that showed a wedding

Interesting fact:  Before Sondra met Elvin, there was an episode where Cliff introduced her to a guy played by Joseph C. Phillips.  That actor would go on to play Martin, Denise's husband.  I know with Denise and Martin, there was no wedding as Denise married him while in Africa and upon coming home, made it a surprise.

I remember that ep...actually I think it was an ep where Sondra and Elvin were broken up...they broke up alot in the beginning  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/09 at 1:47 am

Okay so the Call of the Wild Ep I talked about- the one where Sondra and Elvin return from their honeymoon- is the first ep of Season 4 so, presumably, Sondra and Elvin wed during the Summer break that came between seasons 3 and 4

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/03/09 at 12:26 pm

Don't recall an actual wedding ep but one of my favorite eps is called "call of the wild"

Sondra and Elvin return from their honeymoon to announce that they have decided to not follow their career choices in order to open a wilderness store. Phylicia rashard delivers one of my favorite lines ever.

There's also an ep where cliff & Claire go see them at their crappy first apt. This is before they had the twins. 

What was the line?

She had the most amazing delivery, didn't she?  She always reminded me a little bit of my mom.  Gorgeous, brilliant, classy.  I love her.

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/09 at 1:10 pm

What was the line?

She had the most amazing delivery, didn't she?  She always reminded me a little bit of my mom.  Gorgeous, brilliant, classy.  I love her.

She did have a great delivery..... so my favorite scene goes basically like this. My favorite line is bolded.

CLAIRE: What do you mean you decided   not to go to law school?

SONDRA:  I changed my mind.

CLAIRE: Change    it back!!!

CLAIRE: After all the money we spent sending you to Princeton?
Sondra! You owe us seventy-nine thousand six forty eight dollars and twenty-two cents and I want my money......now!

You can see the scene I'm talking about here.... it comes up in about a minute into it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TahZY1Z9ETE&feature=PlayList&p=B796EADDBB023B7F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Turns out the crappy apt ep is actually part of Call of the Wild....for some reason I thought they were two separate eps.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/06/09 at 2:12 pm

^^I remember that!^^^
That line had ne rolling!  ;D It sounded like something my mom would say!

You know that blue coat Clair is wearing looks ALOT like the one Sondra wore in the episode where the grandfather got them all tickets to the Michael Jackson concert...I never liked that shade of blue! LOL!

Thanks for the input everyone!

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/09 at 2:20 pm

^^I remember that!^^^
That line had ne rolling!  ;D It sounded like something my mom would say!

You know that blue coat Clair is wearing looks ALOT like the one Sondra wore in the episode where the grandfather got them all tickets to the Michael Jackson concert...I never liked that shade of blue! LOL!

Thanks for the input everyone!

I don't remember that episode... I'll have to look for it.

Written By: whistledog on 12/06/09 at 4:08 pm

I liked that Episode.  Elvin was so excited, he mimic'd the Moonwalk and fell into the twins' crib ;D

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/11/09 at 5:05 pm

What was the line?

She had the most amazing delivery, didn't she?  She always reminded me a little bit of my mom.  Gorgeous, brilliant, classy.  I love her.

I don't see what there is of Clair to love. For such a brilliant lawyer, when it came to Cliff and the kids she never seemed to have any concept of the 8th Amendment. You know, the one about punishment being Cruel And Unusual!?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

P.S.: I don't know if anyone remembers, but right after the twins were born, Elvin announced to the family that he'd changed his mind and was going to medical school after all!

Check for new replies or respond here...