inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Oingo Boingo song

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/10 at 9:08 am

Hopefully that hasn't been covered, but here goes....

For the Oingo Boingo fans out there, what are your favorites songs?

Mine are Stay, Who Do You Want To Be and Bachelor Party.

Subject: Re: Favorite Oingo Boingo song

Written By: Midas on 01/06/10 at 10:05 am

"Just Another Day", "Only A Lad", "Dead Man's Party" and "Pain"

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/06/10 at 12:21 pm

1. Flesh And Blood
2. Weird Science
3. Home Again
4. Dead Man's Party

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/06/10 at 4:39 pm

Oooh, this is hard!

I'll go with No One Lives Forever today but if you asked me tomorrow it might change to Home Again or Little Girls.

Written By: gibbo on 01/06/10 at 5:13 pm

I really liked 'Stay'...

Written By: Todd on 01/06/10 at 6:50 pm

"Stay"
"Goodbye Goodbye"
"Just Another Day"
"No One Lives Forever"
"Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me"

I LOVE Oingo Boingo and have been a fan since like 1980 (around the time the movie "The Forbidden Zone" came out.)  I had the pleasure of meeting Danny and all the guys at an after show gathering in the VIP lounge after an Oingo Boingo show in Chicago in 1987!  Ill never forget that night!

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/06/10 at 6:59 pm

"Stay"
"Goodbye Goodbye"
"Just Another Day"
"No One Lives Forever"

I LOVE Oingo Boingo and have been a fan since like 1980 (around the time the movie "The Forbidden Zone" came out.)  I had the pleasure of meeting Danny and all the guys at an after show gathering in the VIP lounge after an Oingo Boingo show in Chicago in 1987!  Ill never forget that night!

What an awesome opportunity!  I hope they were as fun as they seem.

To this day, Dead Man's Party is one of my favorites of all time! 

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/06/10 at 7:28 pm

Dead Man's Party
Weird Science
Stay
Goodbye Goodbye

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/10 at 9:11 pm

"Stay"
"Goodbye Goodbye"
"Just Another Day"
"No One Lives Forever"

That must have an awesome experience!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/10 at 5:01 pm

I dunno, I was never an Oingo fan.  They seemed to have all the elements that would make me like them, but they just never did it for me.  I did like "Dead Man's Party" and "Weird Science" because they played them on the radio, but when I went to listen to the rest of the albums I came up bored.  I've said snotty things in the past about Danny Elfman as a composer, and I'll refrain here.
:-X

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/10 at 7:49 pm

Dead Man's Party and Weird Science

Written By: nally on 01/07/10 at 11:03 pm

I really liked 'Stay'...

me too, I think it's an awesome song. 8) I also like "Dead Man's Party" (which is probably their best-known song), "Weird Science" and "Little Girls." "Just Another Day" and "Only A Lad" are pretty good too. So I think I know a good number of their songs.

I think there was a poll on Boingo songs a few years back, but it's probably buried deep down by now. Let's just carry on with this one...

Written By: Chasey on 01/08/10 at 4:31 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gJR7wZBkFY

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/08/10 at 10:55 am

By the way, I love this alot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eStq-IvLaXk

Written By: Davester on 01/09/10 at 4:41 am

They had one of the best horn sections around...

Written By: Mushroom on 01/09/10 at 1:07 pm

Oh wow, the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo!  I love them.

I guess if I have to pick 3, it would be Dead Man's Party, Little Girls, and Weird Science.  But there are so many others, like You Really Got Me (who did it before The Kinks did).

And not many know, but they actually got their start on The Gong Show.  If you look on YouTube, there is a clip of them there.

Written By: Todd on 01/09/10 at 7:53 pm

Oh wow, the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo!  I love them.

I guess if I have to pick 3, it would be Dead Man's Party, Little Girls, and Weird Science.  But there are so many others, like You Really Got Me (who did it before The Kinks did).

And not many know, but they actually got their start on The Gong Show.  If you look on YouTube, there is a clip of them there.
  As a fellow Boingo fan, I appreciate your love of Oingo Boingo!  But you do have one fact wrong, the Kinks did do "You Really Got Me" way before the Mystic Knights did.  The Kinks original version came out in the early 60s, when the Boingo guys were all still little kids!  Mystic Knights didnt form until the mid 70s.

Written By: nally on 01/12/10 at 12:09 am

As a fellow Boingo fan, I appreciate your love of Oingo Boingo!  But you do have one fact wrong, the Kinks did do "You Really Got Me" way before the Mystic Knights did. The Kinks original version came out in the early 60s, when the Boingo guys were all still little kids!  Mystic Knights didnt form until the mid 70s.

And I guess the ' Mystic Knights ' later evolved to Oingo Boingo, after Danny Elfman joined as the frontman.

Written By: Mushroom on 01/12/10 at 11:55 am

As a fellow Boingo fan, I appreciate your love of Oingo Boingo!  But you do have one fact wrong, the Kinks did do "You Really Got Me" way before the Mystic Knights did.  The Kinks original version came out in the early 60s, when the Boingo guys were all still little kids!  Mystic Knights didnt form until the mid 70s.

My bad, you are right.

And I guess the ' Mystic Knights ' later evolved to Oingo Boingo, after Danny Elfman joined as the frontman.

Nope, that was the original name, "The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo".  It originally started as a "Performance Art" group, kinda similar to Blue Man Group.  The group started in 1972, Elfman became the front-man in 1976, and in 1980 it changed from comedy-performance to a New Wave music group, known as just "Oingo Boingo".

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/12/10 at 11:21 pm

Why is this not a poll? My vote would be for "Weird Science".

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: K.M. Richards on 01/18/10 at 11:23 pm

If the opinion of someone whose business is radio programming counts ...

Goodbye-Goodbye
Only A Lad
Not My Slave
Just Another Day
Stay

Check for new replies or respond here...