inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help finding toy lamborghini LP400- been looking FOR YEARS!

Written By: Scot on 02/11/10 at 9:49 pm

been looking for years for a toy Lamborghini LP400 that I believe was bought at Radio Shack in the early - mid 80's.
The toy was about a foot long, motorized, and was set on a pre-determined course by the use of a "disks" that were placed on a spindle under the engine cover.

The disks were oblong shaped and as it turned, the front wheels would turn in relation the disk turning. It's tough to explain, so I have TRIED to make a diagram.
Anyway, I have searched every combo of words I can think of, so im turning to you to try to jog someone's memory.

Anyone? HELP PLZ?

ALSO, please enjoy my superior diagram making skills. :)
http://files.spammersite.com/harrell/boa1BRwsoPXWj4QKuNz3xYCQhqVHwb9AZdUDgtvSKRfmxrGT5gzAtOJ2MHHt/Untitled-1.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1C9REJR1EMRZ83Q7QRG2&Expires=1265946852&Signature=aiMjQBvsMJpV8EgZ8YF4gr%2BVD%2Fs%3D

Subject: Re: Help finding toy lamborghini LP400- been looking FOR YEARS!

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/15/10 at 10:56 pm

Your link doesn't work...

...but that doesn't mean we're not looking.

It sounds like a sports car version of the Big Trak or The Brain.  (Side note, the original Big Trak has been hacked, and independent of this, someone else has just productized the Big Trak Jr. as a revival of the original.

Problem is, those were more electronic than electromechanical.  And I'm thinking yours is electromechanical.

Now you've got me wondering about an electromechanical toy of similar vintage and technology.  It might be the same chassis as yours.  I vaguely remember an electromechanical truck, in red/orange... and I can't find that either.  Dammit!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/10 at 12:32 am

Have you tried ebay?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/17/10 at 2:08 pm

Is that the car they drove in Miami Vice?

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/17/10 at 9:40 pm

Have you tried ebay?

The problem is, we don't know what the original poster's looking for.  Neither does he. 

The Stiletto toy, based on the MASK cartoon series, was a transforming Lamborghini/helicopter, but I don't think it was programmable.

I'm thinking of something that was reddish/orange, and about the same size as a Big Trak, but mechanical.  Might have been a fire truck.  I'll bet it used the same, or a similar, mechanism as the thing original poster's searching for. 

Failing that, it's time to go trawling through the US patent database for things like "electromechanical toy", or "programmable toy", and hope that a picture jogs the memory.

Written By: karen on 02/17/10 at 10:27 pm

I found an excellent website with all the Radio Shack catalogues available to view

http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html

the 1983 edition had a RC Lamborghini but not using this drum steering method you mention (as far as I could tell).

Check for new replies or respond here...